8:12 AM

MATTIAS

I WALKED into the classroom and quickly looked for Cynthia. She wasn't here, I thought. Cynthia was always in class, almost everyone complained saying her red hair was like a whole stop light. She had tried to dye it blonde, but brown and blonde don't make too good of a combination, creating an orange-like colour.

She didn't show up to class. The lecture had already begun, but I wasn't paying attention, all my thoughts kept coming back to Elias. The way he held me last night and how he looked as he traced every single mark he'd left on me.

If I hadn't known better, I'd think he loved me. But that's impossible after all, he could have anyone. Why me?

· · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · ·

AFTER CLASS I called Cynthia on my phone. No response. It seemed like the line was busy, so I went to look for her in the library across her next class. "No, Mom. It's fine, I'm okay." I could faintly hear Cynthia's voice as I stepped inside.

I felt the cold air wash over my face and the voices outside the building faintly disappear. "What? Yeah, I'll come. Mattie can be my date, I'll see if he's free on the twenty-eighth, Okay. Bye mom. Love you—" was all I heard before I saw Cynthia slowly put her phone down.

"Cynth? You.. Okay?" I cautiously asked her. I didn't wanna seem like I was listening in, but I knew she was upset. "Mattie—? What are you doing here? Your next class isn't until one." She replied, looking at me with such a shocked expression.

She looked like she'd been crying. I wanted to hug her but I just stood still. "Yeah, I—uh didn't see you in class today." Her gaze softened at what I said.

"Oh, right- sorry. My mom called so, she wanted me to come to Fi's wedding." Fiona is Cynthia's best friend. I think the two had some sort of miscommunication because they rarely talk lately.

Maybe Cynthia finally confessed to her. I'm not too sure.

· · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · ·

A/N

WOOO!!! Cliffhanger. Also just noticed I ranked 41 in 'gays' so YASSS.