Chapter 15 - I challenge you!

Start from the beginning

•••

You were out of the shopping center and Hanma stopped, stopping you in your steps as well "My bike is there" he pointed with his thumb behind him "Come, I'll give you a ride".
You followed him in silence, not refusing his request. Getting on the bike behind him, he took your bag and put it on the handlebars, you waited for him to give you the helmet but he started forward making you instinctively cling around him. 'Bruh, didn't he give me the helmet? He knows that he can get a fine.... leaving the fact that he is a minor and cannot drive!'

"Are you scared?~ If you keep holding on me like this I might get an accident from how you are distracting me~" he teased you while enjoying your grip on him "You know, someone didn't give me the helmet so I wouldn't like to die today"

"What helmet? I don't have any helmet, sweetie"

".... Let me get off of this"

"What?"

"I said I want to get off, I won't risk my life today"

Hanma didn't answer anything and did one simple thing....

... He sped up.

"Hanma, I swear that when we get down I will beat your ass that you will regret doing it!!!!"

"What did you say? I can't hear you because of the wind" he laughed, "Slow the fuck down!!" "Ok"
To your surprise he slowed down and stopped, you looked around and noticed that you were not in front of your house, but in front of the park entrance.
"Ehmm, Hanma what are we doing here? This is not my house"
"I know, I just wanted to spend some time with you, because I saw you spending time with some people who are part of the rival gang.

And then you didn't even tell me where your house is, so the park was the most tempting choice" he took your bag and walked towards the park

"W-wait for me" you walked to him, walking you noticed that it was not full of people, indeed, it was also very quiet. There were an elderly couple who was walking calmly around, a little girl who was playing with the dog while her parents watched from a distance, a group of friends who were sitting on the grass and laughing among themselves. The weather was also great, it was sunny so you could feel the slight heat that the sun left on your skin, but you also felt the cold air of winter, causing smoke to come out of your mouth because of the cold.

Feeling the warmth on your hand you looked down seeing his hand hold yours tightening it not wanting to let go.
You said nothing, enjoying that feeling you were having.

But you also had to go home to prepare lunch.... you sighed imagining Takemichi's whimpering face asking where you were, "What is it?"

"Ah?" You turned towards Hanma confused and amused
"You sighed, something is tormenting you"
"A-ah that, I should go home to prepare lunch for me and my brother but how can I say.... a long talking pole cancer, has me taken to the park and we're walking around with no destination wasting my time. " You looked at Hanma with a passive-aggressive smile.

He didn't answer anything knowing you were talking about him, suddenly he stopped and sat on the grass, tapping the space next to him "come on sit here"

Sitting down you noticed that you had stopped in front of a lake, the park in general was very beautiful but.... that place was really gorgeous, like being in an anime
"Wow, beautiful..."

"I knew you would like it," he said pulling out a cigarette placing it between his lips and lighting it.

"You should quit smoking, you could really get cancer in the future and it does make your lungs worse" you looked at him exhaling the smoke "so are you worried about me? Mhmh~" "Of course I'm worried about you, you are my friend"