Jimin stood at the entrance of the building, waiting for Jungkook to catch up. He quickly jogged over.

"After you."

The musty odor, above the smell of urine and some sort of cleaner that had tried and failed to cover the stench, permeated the air, making him wrinkle his nose.

The paint had peeled in most places, and he would swear that was mold, not that he could tell in the poorly lit hallway.

he liked to think he wasn't a snob, but maybe he was because he looked around and couldn't wait to get out of there as quick as possible.

When he looked forward again, it was to see Jimin a couple of steps above him, looking at him, probably seeing his reaction, if the frown on his face was anything to go by.

"It's..." Jungkook started, but wasn't sure how to finish the sentence.

"It's a dump," Jimin finished for him.

"But it was all I could afford after that bastard cleared out my account."

Jimin's fists clenched involuntarily, his anger towards the unknown alpha surprising him in its intensity.

"I'm behind you, let's get your things and get home," Jungkook replied.

Jimin nodded and began walking again. They made their way up three flights of stairs to Jimin's floor.

They walked only halfway down the hallway when Jimin paused outside a door.

Outside the door was a couple of bin bags that had been ripped open, the contents ransacked, what was left not worth taking.

Jungkook moved quickly,pulling jimin into his arms as the omega hunched over and his shoulders began shaking.

He couldn't blame the man, not only had he lost his home, even though this dump was an insult to the word, but his belongings had been stolen.

"It's okay, it's fine. We'll go get some new things," jungkook soothed the man in his arms.

Fuck, he hated seeing the omega distressed yet again.

"You've done too much for me,"

Jimin leaned back in his arms to meet his eyes, the devastated look in them had Jungkook wanting to wrap the man in bubble wrap where nothing could reach him.

The feeling and thought surprised him, making him drop his arms from around the omega.

"It's nothing. Come on, let's get out of here and get you to bed, it's been a long day."

Jungkook watched as Jimin's cheeks heated at his words. He played them back in his head and realized he'd said "get you in bed," Jungkook was about to backtrack when he was interrupted by a voice from behind him.

"Well, well, what do we have here?" A slurred voice said.

Jungkook spun around making sure to block jimin with his body unsure of what he would find when he turned around.

"Who are you?" Jungkook asked, his voice coming out hard and cold.

"Who are you?" The man retorted, a sneer coming on a face that could have been handsome but had clearly aged quickly from alcohol and drug use, if the man's breath and track marks were anything to go on.

"I'm none of your business," jungkook replied coolly, and reached behind him. Jimin took his hands without prompting. "We're leaving."

"I see your type now. Thought you wasn't for sale," the drunken man said, clearly directed at Jimin.

"Guess the price gotta be higher. That omega ass for sale to the highest bidder, huh, went out and found you a rich asshole that could afford ya."

Jungkook was tempted to slug the man, but he knew it wasn't even worth it.

"That's why you threw him out," he said, his voice cold, and it wasn't a question.

Jungkook realized the man had probably increased Jimin's rent to make him desperate enough to sell himself for a roof over his head.

He felt sick at the thought and fucking relieved that jimin hadn't taken the man up on his offer.

"Ain't nothing free, an omega needs a strong alpha to keep him in line," the fool said, his face smug.

Jungkook made a note to find out everything he could about the man.

And maybe, just maybe the whole block was for sale. It would serve the asshole right to be thrown out on his ass. See how he liked that.

Because he would bet that he didn't own the building, and was supposed to be some sort of super.

he pushed past the man, making sure to keep Jimin ahead of him and out of even touching distance to the vile creature.

"If you get tired of that ass, send him back this way, I'd be happy to take it out for a spin."

Jungkook heard the man call as he led Jimin down the stairs, and out of the building.

Thankfully his car was as he left it.

Jungkook made sure Jimin was safely in the passenger seat and shut the door behind him.

He hurried over to the driver's side and got in.

Jungkook started the car and vowed that Jimin would never have to live in a place like that again as long as he had anything to do with it.

And he was a stubborn bastard when he set his mind to it.

====================================================