𝐭𝐰𝐨. 𝑎𝑟𝑟𝑖𝑣𝑎𝑙 𝑛𝑢𝑚𝑏𝑒𝑟 𝑓𝑜𝑢𝑟

Start from the beginning

His eyebrows furrowed as his eyes read over the headline. "So? Am I supposed to be surprised that he had knives on him?"

"No, not that, idiot." She rolled her eyes before pointing toward the end of the headline. "The address. 1026 N. Beckley."

"What about it?" he questioned as he looked back up at her, still as baffled as before.

"Did you not listen to any of the history lessons we learned?" she sighed with a shake of the head.

He shrugged. "No."

"Oh, Jesus—Lee Harvey Oswald's house!" Valerie exclaimed as she slapped him on the shoulder. "As in the guy who murdered JFK!"

"First you shoved me, then you held my hand, now you're hitting me—"

"Five! Focus!"

"Okay, okay, where is he now?" Five questioned, his eyes investigating the paper once more.

"A mental institution. I don't think it's too far from here," Valerie told him as she ran a hand through her hair. "I'll run us there, give me the paper."

"Hold on." Five raised a hand before bending his knees into a crouching position. He swept aside her blazer and peeked at the hole through her dress, sighing when he saw that her bullet wound didn't seem to be doing much better than it had been a couple of hours before. "No."

"'No' what?" she questioned.

"No, you're not running us there."

"Five!" Valerie groaned as she snatched the newspaper from his hand and shoved it into the pocket of her blazer. "It's fine!"

"No, you're not healing because you keep using all your energy on running!" Five argued angrily. "I'll just blink us there, God."

He grabbed her hand, and in the same blinding light as before, they arrived outside of the institution.

After going in and introducing themselves as Diego's siblings, they were seated in the visiting room, on one side of the table as they waited for Diego.

He arrived only a few minutes after, accompanied by two guards, who stood in the corner of the room. His hair, which now reached his chin, was a frizzy mess, and he had a slightly crazed look in his eyes as he approached them.

"Val," Diego breathed out as he sat down in the seat across from them.

"Hey, Diego," she said softly, a smile spreading onto her lips.

"Yeah, hi to you too," Five interjected as he rolled his eyes, giving a sarcastic wave of hello. "You look good in white."

Diego's eyes shifted towards the boy, and his voice dropped as he spoke, "About time you showed up."

Five quirked an eyebrow. "How'd you know I'd be back?"

"Because that's the kind of shit you pull," Diego muttered as he leaned forward towards Five, as Five did the same.

Valerie rolled her eyes at the two boys' aggression before questioning, "Where are the others?"

Diego's eyes darted to her in confusion as he asked, "They're not with you?"

Valerie's heart sank.

"We'll find them," Five reassured both of them with a small wave of dismissal. "How long have you been here?"

"Seventy-five days," Diego answered as he leaned back in his seat, causing Valerie to frown. "Landed in the alley behind—"

"Commerce and Knox," the three of them said simultaneously.