9. Idiot sleeps with boss man

One thing Leorio never expected to see was a puzzled Kurapika. No, not in the "omg you guys are so stupid" way. Actual confusion.

Leorio sat down at the kitchen island, his suit crinkling as he leaned against the counter. Killua and Gon were chomping down on some cereal while Kurapika picked up spoonfuls of milk and let it fall back into the bowl.

Now, our favorite idiot admittedly didn't pay close attention most of the time, but he loved his friends and could tell when something was troubling them.

"Hey, Kurapika?"

...

"Helloo?"

...

He huffed and waves a hand in front of the blonde's face. Kurapika blinked and turned his attention to Leorio. "Can I help you?"

Feeling awkward now, Leorio leaned back and crossed his arms, looking down at the counter and then back up.

Kurapika recognized the serious face and sat up a little straighter.

"Well, you're acting a little.. strange. What's wrong?"

The blonde blinked. "Strange?"

At this point, Gon and Killua has stopped chowing down and were listening intently (with spoons halfway to their mouths, mid chomp).

He nodded. "Strange. I've never really seen you like this before."

Kurapika thought for a moment. "I guess I am a little preoccupied.."

"With?"

"Well.. I'm not sure how I feel about (Y/n)," he says, putting his hand up to his chin.

Leorio blinked. Feelings for (Y/n)???

He thought about it for a second. The strange man did take all of them in, shared a bed with Kurapika, gave them food and—

Shared a bed! That's it!

He stood up too fast, knocking the stool over as he slapped his hands on the table.

At the same time, Gon stood up and Kurapika opened his mouth to say something.

"But (Y/n) is really nice!-"

"Just because you share a bed with him-"

"He gave me his wallet to buy some things but i don't know how to use this kind of money," Kurapika says before looking up. "Wait, what?"

The two idiots blink stupidly before sitting back down, pretending nothing happened.

Kurapika waved it off. "Anyway, we need to figure out how to use this money while (Y/n) is gone."

Gon tilted his head. "Why?" He was so focused on the conversation he didn't notice when Killua snatched the rest of his food.

As confusion and chaos ensued inside (Y/n)'s apartment, the man himself was peacefully reading out loud in the library and slowing putting Chrollo to sleep.

You paused as Chrollo stood up.

"Here, follow me," he says, grabbing your sleeve.

He leads you to the back of the library. Behind a couple bookshelves were a bunch of bean bags piled in a corner. They were slightly worn but still usable.

As he arranged the bean bags how he wanted them, you noticed how secluded this section of the library was. A layer of dust sat upon the bookshelves. It was obvious that nobody came back here often. How did Chrollo even find this place?