Rainy Day About Town.

Elizabeth's POV-

Rain continued to dance upon the roof. Puddles rippled with each drop. Streams flowed to the nearest drains. A gust of hot steam left condensation across my face as it evaporated. A warm sensation ran through my body with every sip of hot chocolate. Crushing of coffee beans echoed throughout the petite cafe I found myself in. With a storm like this little to no residents were around, creating a less chaotic environment. As a sufferer of panic attacks, Scotland is far less triggering than LA.

Calmer. Freeing.

My mind is at ease. My body is at rest. Having Y/n by my side has opened my heart up again, knowing it'll be safe. I have learnt more within two weeks, than the 22 years of education in which I had to attend. She was truly a remarkable teacher. I find myself falling further with every kind gesture, every flirtatious comments, every moment of touch. In all honesty the tall, British, brunette girl has captured me and escaping is something I plan on not doing, far from it to be exact.

Tipping generously, I make my leave from the coffee shop. As soon as I step foot outside, I was greeted by a sharp cold breeze, sending a wave of coldness throughout my body. The umbrella I held had little to no defense against the weather, leaving me with dampened clothes. A trail of sweet smelling pastries lured me into a nearby bakery. Instant warmth wrapping around me. The shop was empty, allowing my eyes to wander around the elegant looking building. A shade of soft, pastel pink covers each of the walls. A few well framed paintings of the town dotted around. Baked goods surrounded the shop. Oak slabs sat on the counter, displaying a fresh batch of butterfly cupcakes.

"Good morning" a young gentleman enters the room. An apron around his waist with various mixtures of icing and batter. "Is there anything I can help you with today?" He inquires. A welcoming smile on his lips. "Just browsing for the moment. Thank you" I reply
"No worries. Will be around when you need assistance" a raspy English accent, though a hint of Scottish lingering with some of his words. Despite there being heating, my body still shivered from the cold rain moments before.

"Oh my, dear. You must be freezing" a beautiful women stood beside the gentlemen, a fresh batch of pasties held in her grasp. "Let's get you warmed up" she sets the tray down, gesturing for me to follow her
"Oh no, it's not a bother really. Wouldn't want to intrude" I decline the kind offer with a thankful smile
"Nonsense" she waves a dismissive hand "Darling, can you pop the kettle on please?" The brunette nodded, placing a quick kiss upon the woman's cheek. "He's still as charming as the day I met him" she smiles brightly, leading me towards a small, cozy kitchen hidden in the back. "Make yourself at home. I'll get you a towel"
"How do you drink your tea?" The taller man questions
"Milk, no sugar. Thank you" I answer. Standing awkwardly, debating whether to sit and ruin their chairs or to remain still in my current position.

"Here you go dear. Please, take a seat" I grasp ahold of the towel, thanking the woman before sitting myself down at their wooden dining table. A fresh cup of tea placed in front of me. The crackling of flames echo around in the silence. The two sat opposite, offering cakes and biscuits. "This is all too kind of you, I don't mean to take you away from your work" I say, feeling a twinge of guilt pulse through me
"With a storm like this no one dares to adventure outside. It's really no bother"
"What does bring you out today?" The blonde questions, sipping her tea
"A curious mind. I had never adventured the town whenever I came over. It's also a benefit of getting me out of the house" I answer, tearing a small portion off a cookie before placing it into my mouth.

"Well you must explore the Oakland mansion on the hill. That's if you're a fan of the paranormal" he advises
"My husband and I were friends of the previous owners, the Olsen's. Fortunately they have vacated. I wonder who owns it now" she ponders to herself, looking at the man to her right for a clue to answer her question "Oh my, where are my manners? We have yet to introduce ourselves. We're the Garfield's. I'm Florence and this is Andrew"
"I'm Elizabeth... Olsen" both their eyes widen in shock, almost bulging out of the sockets "They're my grandparents. Also, if you don't mind me asking, what do you mean by 'the paranormal'?"
"For years the building's been haunted. No one knows who roams the halls but every owner before the Olsen's fled" Andrew explains "You have yet to experience that?"
"So far all feels normal. Not been scared off yet" the three of us share a monotone laugh.

"How are you finding everything?" Flo inquires, curiously "If you're ever in need of any help, Andrew and I are more than happy to assist"
"That's awfully kind of you both but I've managed. Though, it's quite a big house for the two of us" I reply
"Oh you've got company"
"Yes. I share the mansion with a... friend" such a cursed word. A word meaning less than what she truly means to me. Belittling her.

Once the china cups were empty and only crumbs were left on the plate, I walked myself back out onto the puddle filled streets. Leaving with a few of their butterfly cupcakes. One for myself and a another for Y/n. Making sure not to damage them on the journey.

"Welcome home, Olsen. Allow me" without a time to reply, the brunette rushes to my side, taking a hold of the bags. Snatching them out of my grasp. I shake my head in amusement, smile widely at her need to help. She has no idea just how much I adore her. How she had me wrapped around her finger.

My innocent, English girl.

———

Soooo.. been a hot minute since an update 😅👀

Anyways, stay frosty my dudes ✨👌