Chapter Ten

I walked down the hallway shivering as my feet marched on the cold ground. I brought my oversized sweater closer to my chest that kept me warm. I entered the kitchen getting some good morning smiles and returning one back. I sat beside Glenn who was groaning and complaining about his headache ''You okay?'' I asked giggling as Jacqui went behind him giving him a message.

He moaned and groaned in pain again ''I'm never drinking again, like ever''

''Good morning'' Rick entered the room joining us sitting down beside Carl and Lori.

''You're hungover? Mom said you would'' Carl questioned curiously making me chuckle at his question. Learning young.

Rick looked at Lori smiling slightly, giving her a kiss on her forehead ''Your mother was right''

T-dog ruffled up my hair setting a plate of eggs in front of me ''Here you go folks! Here are my eggs, not the same as they used to taste but I cook like a chef!''

He served some for Glenn who's still groaning in pain ''Here, protein is good for hangovers''

I sat there eating quietly as the others continued to talk. Shane stepped in immediately asking for coffee.

''What happened to you?'' T-dog asked making me look up. T-dog pointed over to Shane's neck, and those long scratches grabbed everyone's attention. They were gnarly.

''Must have done it in my sleep'' He mumbled poking the eggs with his fork, making me look at him, sensing that he's lying just by analyzing his body movements. Something definitely happened that he was trying to hide.

''I did not know you had restless sleep'' Rick commented making Shane shrug.

''Me neither. It's not like me'' After that sentence, he looked at Lori who lowered her head and continued to eat her breakfast. Something definitely happened between them but I'm not sure if it's appropriate for me to get involved. It's none of my business

Both Merle and Daryl joined us, following them Doctor Jenner ''Hey doc, I don't mean to attack you with questions in the morning but''

''But that's what you'll do anyway'' Doctor Jenner cut off Dale, pouring himself some coffee that was already made.

''We did not come for eggs''

''Its a brain right?'' Carl asked as we all stared at the scan on the giant screen infant of us getting insight go what was occurring during the brain scan.

''Brain brightest. Although it does not change much. VI enter VIA mode'' Jenner said making a robotic voice echo through the room making us all jump up.

''Advanced internal viewing'' The robotic voice said. The scan changed to reveal a glimpse of activity inside the brain

''What are those lights?'' I said pointing out curiously of what's on the screen.

''That's life of an individual. The experiences he went through. His memories. That's all it is. This tangle of organic cables, these lights waving, is you. This is what makes you unique and human'' He answered making me nod understanding clearly what he was saying.

''You never get to speak clearly?'' Daryl spoke out from beside me, gaining a few looks.

''These are synapses. Electrical impulses in the brain that route messages. They determine each of our thoughts, our words. Each of our actions. From our birth until our death''

''So what we look at is a patient kept under surveillance'' Rick beamed making Jenner agree with what he was observing.

''Yeah. Or more accurately, a former patient under supervision'' I frowned stepping closer to Daryl noticing that he wasn't as umcomfortable with me doing so. I felt safe around him.