Chapter Four

''We don't have to do this'' I shrieked as Rick shoved outfits and accessories into our hands. This was completely insane, this can't be our only way out of there. There had to be another way.

''She's right. Just stop, okay? Take some time to think this through'' Morales agreed with me, giving me clarity that I wasn't the only one freaking out about this completely insane idea, this was too risky. Whoever is going through this plan won't make it out alive.

''How much time? They already got through one set of doors, that glass won't hold forever'' Rick looked at me dead in the eyes making me sigh, nodding, earning a nod back, showing him that I was willing to help. I didn't agree with him but I didn't want to be the one that was freaking them out before going out there. Little doubt could make everything go south.

The group went outside and dragged one of the walkers that they killed earlier inside. I paced back and forth as they laid him down. Rick grabbed the fire ax instructing us to put on our trench coats so we wouldn't get any blood or guts on our skin. With loads of pressure, I bit down on my lip closing my eyes shut as he began to swing up the ax ready to gut the deceased man open but I didn't hear or smelled anything that was scandalous. I opened up my eyes and I saw him searching through the man's pocket. He pulled out a wallet and flicked it open. ''A picture of a pretty girl. 'With love, from Rachel'. He used to be like us. Worrying about bills or the rent or the Super Bowl. If I ever find my family, I'm gonna tell them about Wayne''

Rick passed it on to Glenn which passed it to the next member and so on. He took a minute then got ready to get it over with but Glenn stopped him, informing him with what seemed like a past important mattter ''One more thing. He was an organ donor''

Silence filled the room as everyone ran out of words. but I knew sooner or later that was going to end. Without any warning, Rick swung the ax up and slammed it into the dead body. I cringed at the smell the spread around the room, it was revolting and the sound wasn't helping either.

''I'm going to hurl'' Glenn groaned, leaning forward making me scrunch up my nose as he continued to gag over and over again. We started applying the guts on Rick and Glenn carefully, making sure not to make it touch their skin as instructed.

''Oh God! Oh jeez. Oh, this is bad. This is really bad'' Glenn panicked, backing his face away from the jacket, trying to escape the smell.

''Think about something else'' Rick tried to comfort looking at me for help. Not a lot of sentences can take your mind off of this experience.

''Puppies and kittens'' I blurted out randomly making him send me a 'thank you' look.

''Dead puppies and kittens'' T-dog mumbled making Glenn puke all over the place. I groaned in disgust, feeling bad for him slowly patting his back.

''That is just evil. What is wrong with you?'' Andrea hissed at T-dog making him shrug.

''Next time let the cracker head beat his ass'' Jacqui commented making me giggle. We stepped away as we all looked at Glenn and Rick, questioning if all of this is even going to work.

It was time for both Glenn and Rick to leave and I wanted them to come back safely. I grabbed Ricks's hand before he left pulling him into the corner for one last chat before he left. ''Be careful out there'' I whispered making him chuckle rubbing the side of my arm to comfort me.

''Don't worry about me Annora'' He squeezed my shoulder making me shake my head giving him a concerned look.

''No Rick, after you walk out of this door, there is no turning back. When you step out of this door you won't be able to come back in because you are going to be walking with the dead and this is no joke. One mistake Rick, one mistake and everything goes wrong'' He stared blankly at me trying to process what I just said. I think he was realizing what he's going up against and he was starting to become worried.

''Good luck'' I whispered squeezing his hand, getting ready to leave.

''When we make it back, get ready. I want to give you this because I feel that I can trust you'' He grabbed my hand pulling me back, slipping something in. I looked and I see the keys to the cuffs that Merle is locked in ''Make sure everyone gets out even that jackass''

Once we rushed back to the roof, I skipped down the platform and stared down from the rooftop searching for them ''Hey, T-Dog, try that C.B'' Morales instructed but I didn't pay attention to anything. My only focus was on trying to find them in the middle of the herd of walkers, wanting to check if they were okay or if the plan was working.

''There'' I pointed once I spotted them making Jacqui look at me in amusement at how I had the ability to do it so fast with thousands of walkers walking around. Pretty distinguishable considering the fact that they stood out amongst them, they were clearly walking nervously and uncomfortably.

''That asshole is out on the streets with the handcuff keys?'' Merle vocalized with anger reaping into his voice.

I turned around and glared at him, taking out the keys from my back pocket showing it to him, watching as his expression slowly change into concern. Guess the sick girl has your faith in her hands.

All of a sudden, thunder started rumbling and rain starts falling down on us heavily. My eyes widened as I saw Glenn and Rick run for their lives; walkers started to notice as the smell of the blood was slowly starting to fade out from their jackets. They hunted them down to feed down their appetitie. Everything is going wrong. I sat down my hair getting soaked up from the rain as it only kept falling down harder.

The group started to panic as they noticed that Rick and Glenn driving away in a truck. They're going to leave us here. I rocked myself back and forth, trying to calm myself down instead of panicking and losing it. We won't get out of here, my eyes watered, scared of the thought that the glass is soon going to break and we'll be as dead as new.

''Those roll-up doors at the front of the store facing the street. Meet us there and be ready'' The walkie talkie revealed Glenn's voice making my heart jump out of joy. The group picked up their stuff in a hurry and rushed out of the doors immediately. Following their lead, I slugged my backpack over my shoulder running as fast as I can but a loud scream held me back.

''Hey! No! You can't leave me, man. You can't leave me here. Not like this. You can't, man. It's not human. Come on, don't do this'' Merle pleaded trying to break free out of the cuffs. I hesistated as I look back between both Merle and the exit door.

''Annora lets go!'' T-dog said grabbing my arm pushing me out of the door.

I stared at Merle as he continued to beg, not sure on whether to free him or not. A feeling of sympathy took over me as I was encouraged to do the right thing. I shook it off as I continued to stare at him struggling to decide. I can't let this happen.

I ran to him as fast as I could, dropping down on my knees pulling out the keys. I looked at the door and I see nobody there, not even T-dog. My breathing suddenly stopped and all I could think was that they're gone, they've left me. I gasped out for air and it felt was if someone was choking me.

''Hey breathe!'' Merle's voice shook but not harshly intended. More of an encougament, more for his sake. I breathed in and out slowly trying to get my breathing under control but failing at doing so, soon becoming light-headed. I quickly uncuffed the cuffs and felt myself fall down to lay flat on the ground, gasping over and over again.

I felt myself getting picked up after a few moments later, sensing the movement of hesitation from Merle. I opened my tired eyes and I see myself being carried down the stairs He ran as fast as he could, and all I could hear was walkers hissing and growling all around us. I felt my vision slowly fade by the second. After a few minutes of being in his arms, my body was laid down on a cold surface.

''Annora!'' Rick face appeared for a minute, yelling putting his warm hand on my cheek. That was all I saw and heard until everything went black.