Chapter 8: The escape

Don Paolo smiled and clicked his fingers. A giant trap fell down on Professor Layton and the rest. Instead of looking worried, the Professor looked pleased. Don Paolo turned his back to them. Layton nodded to Flora, who quickly managed to scramble through a gap in the trap. She silently ran to the control board. Don Paolo noticed her, roared, but was too late. Flora pressed a button and the trap bounced up, releasing everyone. Emmy got to her feet and delivered a few hard blows on Don Paolo's face. Doctor Schrader helped Sven and Charles escape. Clive searched hard and fast for Luke. And the Professor struggled with the ropes holding Claire back. The ropes broke and he helped her to her feet. Don Paolo lay knocked out on the floor. Clive held a trembling Luke by his hand. Then all of them ran. And ran. And didn't stop. They had gotten away from Don Paolo once more.

Puzzle of the chapter:
Answer from the last chapter:
Girls: 3
Boys: 2
You may say "But there was only 4!" I never mentioned how many children there were. The puzzle only works if you add another: F.

Puzzle 008:

Someone has written something in the girls changing room with red paint. The suspected people are all boys and they are all asked the same question: "Did you go into the girls changing rooms?"
Here is what the answers were....
A: No way! I'm a boy!
B: Why would I want to write anything on a wall anyway?
C: Ummm...no. Why do you ask?
D: I didn't do anything!

Who was the culprit?