31| Secrets Of Love

Start from the beginning

"Wait. I already-" Enrique interrupted but Dad put him off with his palm in the air to halt before he speaks and instigated him to listen to him. I could see the deep frown that suffocated every face but only Asa seemed unbothered, looking a little too elated for her own good. Damn this woman.

"Please welcome, my rightful heiress Estrella Rosa De Leon. The rumored CEO, I hid from the world."

Shock wasn't even the word I wanted to use to describe the faces of the people who looked at Papa. While with a smug smile, and swelled heart full of love and pride, I walked inside followed by Daniela who was on her toes, in a professional mood, and happy for me even if her own happy mask hid the broken self.

Walking up to Papa, I hugged him as he kissed my cheeks and standing had me sit over the seat. The feeling of pride engulfed me and the power and responsibility that seat gave me were too heartwarming.

All this time, I prepared for the moment, and finally, when I have it in my hand, it feels like a dream. I am happy.

"Well, you still have a long way to surpass me actually, Enrique, but I am impressed, you have crossed the borderline to become more than what I expected out of you. Though, we shall discuss this stuff later... So, now everyone. Shall we commence?" Papa smiled while, others greeted me, welcoming and I saw Enrique smiling but shaking his head in disbelief.

He stared at me in awe, and I returned his smile.

Finally, done with the new scheme and budget project as I then got introduced to the core team of the company and already knew from the baseline how our company works, it was a quick way for me to jump right into the main task.

"Daniela, send these files to the HR department and have the chief report to me with the year-end budget file from last year and the marketing department chief with Capone's finance project."

"Sure, and now you have a press conference then you can leave for the day. Later tonight, I hope you remember, there is a party to celebrate your new title and accomplishment." She smiled and I acknowledged, nodding in agreement.

When she walked out, the door remained open of my cabin, and in walked Enrique.

He seemed stoic by his expression, but I gave no hesitation for his presence, we had to talk and this is indeed very much important for us.

"Are you free right now?" He asked, coming to the table, and sitting across me over one of the chairs placed. He removed his suit coat, rolled his shirtsleeves up to his biceps, and opened the first two buttons of his shirt while the vest remained as it is.

I had to squeeze my thighs to stop the stupid urge to jump him at the moment. We needed talking, not sexing.

He stood again, crossed the table, and came to sit partially on it, by my side. I gulped, flushed with his heated stare directed at me. "You need something?" My eyes remained over the paper that needed my attendance but with a distraction like this man, it was difficult to focus. He is always going to be bad for my concentration.

"Yup. Wanted to ask. How do you plan on balancing your studies and the position?" He started with a general question which made me smile foolishly.

"For a year or two, I am planning to work from Barcelona and once my education is finished, I'll be back to Seville. While Papa has no problem in looking after the main quarters in my absence and from time to time, I will travel back and forth if required."

"Nice to hear that everything is pre-planned, so then, um... what about us?" He asked, now I mustered the courage to look at him.

"Is there something to talk about us?" I played along, and he cocked his brows amused.