31| Secrets Of Love

Estrella

"Gentlemen and ladies..." The meeting started, everyone sitting in the conference room and none speaking other than Papa's assistant, Augustus Russo, the most trusted among his men. My mind was already spinning from what happened moments before and currently, it seemed to become jelly.

While Papa was seated at the head of the table as the former CEO of the Leon enterprises, before officially announcing to the anticipating audience, who shall take his seat next, I stood out of the room, looking onto the filled room with people, and there sat Tio Reyes as one of the board members with second largest shares in the company after Papa. Then seated Mr. Fernandez who was the third-largest shareholder and seated next to him was the man for whom my heart bled with love and guilt at the moment.

How he couldn't hate me, after all, I said and did, if I was there, I would've hated me with a passion but he didn't. Was I able to find my true soulmate? Did finally, Enrique loved me with his everything?

Gulping the wavering emotions, I moved my eyes, looking at the fifth-largest shareholder, Asa. She sat with the most stone-painted expression glaring down at Valentina, who was looking at Enrique, making my hands ball into a tight fist. I will break her teeth if she even thought of my man for a second.

"Most of you would be thinking of who I have kept hidden for this long as my successor. While many believed that after marrying my daughter to Enrique, I will give my position to him as well because he fits the title and seat and sure he is a promising child, yet for me, I couldn't have given this to anyone but the person who surpassed me as well under my guidance and teaching compared to many young lads and lassies." Some chuckled, and some kept their composure.

"But before you announce, I have something to say." Enrique interrupted, unbuttoning his suit coat as he stood tall and intimidating. I saw how he smirked with such mischief. He hid something under his sleeves, the trump card he is about to put on the table and turn the tables around. I do have his words tattooed in my brain, he promised to make everything right. What and how was only for him to know.

He glanced sideways as his assistant, Felix walked to the front of the table, to Papa, and placed a file in front of him.

I was curious to know what it was.

"This file holds the share transfer from Fernandez, Dad, Asa, and Me. Four major shareholders handed over 3 percent of their shares to Estrella Reyes. She has become the largest shareholder, combining the fact that she already has 25 percent of shares in the company assigned by you only, 5 years ago. So now, under the veto done by us all, we reject your decision of a new successor and would ask you to politely appoint Estrella as the CEO of Leon enterprises."

A gasp left my lips, and I clasped my mouth in shock. What I was hearing wasn't believable at all.

Enrique went to that length just for me, for my inheritance then... fuck, the contract he told me, he was signing, he actually bought those 3 percent of shares from Asa under my name.

"I have bought the shares and transferred it to my wife's name so now, you don't hold that much power, you did Mr. Santino De Leon. It is high time you let your heiress take over that position." Enrique smiled wickedly and my eyes looked at Papa, whose smile couldn't be contained inside him.

He looked so happy. Like the man standing before him wasn't the same man, he prepared a bullet to put a hole in.

"I always thought, you would sure surpass me one day, Enrique. I always believed you were an amazing businessman, but thanks for proving yourself to be an equally amazing man to your wife and my daughter. Well then, ladies and gentlemen, I would like you to meet the new CEO who I trained, prepared, and guided to take over me-"