𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗳𝗶𝗳𝘁𝗵𝘁𝗲𝗲𝗻

Start from the beginning

"Well, let me know all the details later. Don't wanna keep you late from your plans." My mom informed me as she paced around my room. "Yeah, I will," I confirmed.

I grabbed my phone off the nightstand and shoved it into my back pocket.

"Where's Elle?" I asked since I haven't heard not one thing from her. "She slept over Daisy's house yesterday." My mom told me. "Oh, okay." I nodded as walked over to my hygiene area.

I sprayed on deodorant and sprayed 'champagne toast' from bath and body works all over my body.

"Well, see ya!" My mother shouted as she gave me a quick hug, and walked out of my room.

"See ya!" I shouted as I walked out of my room and shut the door behind me.

I walked downstairs and into the kitchen,  opened the freezer, and grabbed a cherry popsicle.
"This will do," I mumbled as I grabbed it and closed the fridge.

"Bye guys!" I shouted as I walked towards the front door. "Bye, be safe!" My parents yelled back.

"If I see you and Maybank making out, I'm gonna kill you!" He shouted from his room making me burst into laughter.

"Pipe down, playboy."

I opened the door and closed it behind me, I opened my popsicle and threw the trash in front of the lawn.

I began to eat my popsicles slowly since I had very sensitive front teeth, I began my walk to the chateau enjoying my popsicle and enjoying the beautiful afternoon air of Outerbanks.

I looked around the peaceful day in North Carolina and examined the trees blowing with the air, I looked over at cars on the streets and the clouds filling the sky above me.

"Hey, Madalyn!" Someone shouted as they snapped me out of my imagination. "Oh, hey Peeler!" I shouted as I waved at her, she waved back and we focused our attention back in front of us.

I needed to cross five more streets until I reached the chateau. I looked up ahead and saw the one and only Rafe Cameron on the sidewalk in front of me.

Yay, absolutely yay. So excited.

Rafe and Madalyn are on the same sidewalk totally excellent. Can't wait for another catcall.

I tried to keep my head down so he doesn't notice who I am. I just kept enjoying my popsicle and playing cool.

I look up real quick and made direct eye contact with him, I looked back down right after that and cursed myself out in my head.

"Oh hey, Madalyn." he gasped while he clasped my shoulder, resulting in me to stop walking.

"Hi...Rafe," I muttered looking down to the ground as I placed the cherry popsicle in between my lips.

"So, what is a gorgeous girl doing here all by herself?" Rafe asked curiously as he snaked his palm on my waist.

"Walking to my best friend's house and don't touch me," I demanded, harshly whacking his hand away from my waist.

"I can treat you so much better than anyone else on this island, you know that right?" he asked, putting his hand back on my waist.

"I have money, I can give you anything," Rafe leaned in and whispered in my ear trying to seduce me.

"Whatever gets your blood flowing Rafe." I sighed loudly, licking my popsicle.

He glanced me in my light brown eyes then darted his eyes down to my lips and tongue while I licked the popsicle. He licked his lips and slightly bit his lower lip.

"It seems like you're enjoying that popsicle, huh?" he whispered, moving his hand up to my jaw. I sorta twitched to the tickling feeling of his fingertips brushing my body.

Rafe was attractive but his ego completely destroyed it. He was constantly so attached to me it got so damn annoying. He would get furious if I was with either a touron I just met or JJ.

"You should come home with me after midsummer, and we can do whatever we want." he leaned down and whispered in my ear.

I glimpsed up into his light blue eyes and gave him a sweet giggle, while I ran my fingertips to his sharp jawline.

He looked down at me with a smirk, and his other hand rested on my waist. I bit my lip and pushed his head down to level with his ear and my mouth.

"Rafey," I whispered, while I listened to him hum in response. "I need you're help with something. Big time. Can you help me?" I whispered, hearing him breathe harder.

"Of course, what is it?"

"I need help getting with JJ, he's so fucking gorgeous, and I can't help myself," I whispered with a small giggle.

He backed up to reveal his annoyed facial expressions, thinking I was gonna offer a hookup or a date.

"Seriously?"

"I'm being serious. I want him badly. So I need your kooky self to help me out. Can you?" I asked, poking his abs.

"Are you outta you're mind?"

"Are you outta yours? You really thought I wanted to fuck you?" I scoffed.

"Still have that attitude, huh?" He smirked as I rolled my eyes. "Yeah, I do,"

"I don't know what you see in that useless pouge." he scoffed, removing his hands from my waist and crossing his arm over his chest.

"He doesn't wave money around girls have to get their attention," I explained while he rolled his eyes.

"It's cause he doesn't have any!"

"Exactly!"

"I'd rather date someone who loves me and who would wanna be with me than use me."

"Who said I was going to use you?" Rafe asked extremely offended. "You only talk to me for a good fuck." I reminded.

"No I don't, anytime I try to talk to you, you take it the wrong way." "Whatever you say, Rafe, I gotta go."

"Have a delightful day Rafey." I grinned before I could even walk off.

"Where are you going?" He asked getting in my way, before he held my shoulders tight to stay still.

"Hang out?" I mumbled bewildered about his shocking curiosity. "With your pouge boy?" He asked as I swatted his harsh grip off my shoulders.

"Nope. Currently single, Rafe." I reminded him while I began to slowly walk backward, still looking at the boy in front of me.

"See you, Madalyn. One day you will open your eyes and see that none of those pouges are good enough for you," Rafe yelled while I stuck the middle finger up.

"Keep dreaming Rafe! Looks good on you!" I shouted with a devilish smirk before I licked my popsicle.

"Yeah, yeah. If you ever want a hook-up you know who to call! And leave the popsicle, I got a better one for you." I rolled my eyes while I heard his stupid remark and turned back around.

"If Nolan figured out about this conversation this is it for you," I shouted as I kept walking.

I heard Rafe cackling sarcastically as I sped up my walk a bit faster, trying to get as far as possible from him.

"Not if you're wrapped around my pretty little finger!" I heard him say behind me while I just kept my head up and continued walking.