16, shitty parents club

❝hey, all you had to do was stayhad me in the palm of your hand thenwhy'd you have to go and lock me out when i let you in?❞

had me in the palm of your hand then
why'd you have to go and
lock me out when i let you in?❞

-all you had to do was stay, taylor swift

chapter sixteen, SHITTY PARENTS CLUB

 Angelia woke up from a nap in her own bed for the first time in a few days and it felt off. She was exhausted, still from that afternoon.

The hope had disappeared from the group and the boat ride back was completely silent. Angelia sat on a chair by JJ but neither were truly there. Both in completely separate places but still right next to each other.

As Angel walked through the hall of the house she heard her uncle talking to someone at the door. "Ang" He called out. "someone's here for you" His words threw the girl off, she didn't know who would be there but continued the walk down the hall anyway. As she cornered the wall and down the stairs, the door came into view.

"Kiara?" Angel let out, surprised she was here. After they got back to the Chateau, they all went on their own way. Even JJ had left, leaving John B at his house alone. None of them had been in the right headspace.

"Hey, they're showing an outdoor movie. Wanna come with?" Kiara asked, shifting her weight so she could allow the girl to peek out the door. JJ and Pope waving in at her.

"Hey, Ang? If you're leaving can I talk to you first?" Ian asked and his niece nodded.

Kiara took the cue to leave. "meet you outside"

"What's up, Uncle Ian?" Angelia asked, brushing through her hair quickly with her hand.

"What's up? Where have you been the past few days? you've just disappeared and haven't come home at all?"

"I've been with Sarah and my friends. Which you said I could do. I didn't know I was under lock and key" The girl snapped, not even sure why she was.

"I never said you were under lock and key but can you take some responsibility for your actions? I know when you were living with your mom things were different but there are rules here."

"When I was living with my mother?" She scoffed. "I'm not a child, and I most certainly am not your child" She argued with him, no longer searching for a reason to snap.

"After your father died I told myself I wouldn't let you get hurt. And while you are living under this roof, my roof you will listen to my rules." He sternly said.

"Do not bring my father into this, I'm going out now," Angelia reached for the door handle.

"When will you be back?" His voice sounded exhausted. But he should have known the second the words slipped from his mouth it would drive her away.