Part 14 - Finale

Text in italics represents thoughts.

Warning this will contain Manga spoilers.

5 years later, in Kindaichi's apartment.

Kindaichi "Kunimi."
Kunimi "Mmm..."

Kindaichi "Come on, baby boy, wake up."

Kunimi "Ugh..."
Kunimi turns around in his bed before hugging the blanket. Kindaichi sighs before he grabs the blanket and pulls it from Kunimi's grip.

Kunimi "Ugh..."

Kunimi grunts as he keeps his eyes shut and takes the pillow near him and hugs it instead.

Kindaichi "What?"
Kunimi "I am still sleepy."
Kindaichi "Ehh?"

Kindaichi "You don't want to watch Tobio's game?"
Kunimi "I do...but..."

Kunimi wines.

Kindaichi "Then get up."

Kunimi "Ugh...Can you carry me?"

Kindaichi "Do you want me to bathe you as well?"

Kunimi "If I won't be asking for much."
Kindaichi "Seriously?"
Kunimi "Yeah."

Kindaichi sighs as he walks toward the bathroom and starts running the warm water in the tub. After the tub is full, he adds soup and walks back into their bedroom. Kindaichi sighs again once he sees that Kunimi has covered himself again and is still in bed.

Kindaichi walks to the bed before yanking the cover from Kunimi's grip, making Kunimi whine.

Kunimi "Ugh..."

Kunimi "I don't wanna move."
Kindaichi "Fine."

Kindaichi takes off Kunimi's boxers before he carries him. Kunimi opens his eyes, as a wide smile spreads across his face. He tightens his grip around Kindaichi's neck before he pulls himself up and pecks Kindaichi's cheek. Kindaichi smiles as he walks in the bathroom direction.

Kindaichi slowly places Kunimi in the warm water, before he stands up and sits on the toilet seat opposite to Kunimi. Kunimi rests his head against the wall as he observes Kindaichi.

Kunimi "Have you taken a shower already?"

Kindaichi "Yes, with Tobio in the morning."

Kunimi "Ehhh...But he has a match today."
Kindaichi "We just showered, Akira."
Kunimi "Right..."

Kunimi "Showered..."
Kunimi "That never happens."
Kindaichi "That never happens when you are with us."

Kunimi "..."
Kindaichi smirks while Kunimi wrinkles his nose and sticks his tongue at Kindaichi.

Kindaichi "Put that tongue back inside your mouth-"

Kunimi "Or else what?"
Kunimi "You'll lick it?"
Kindaichi "Akira."
Kunimi laughs before sticking his tongue at Kindaichi again. Kindaichi stands up and walks toward the door of the bathroom as Kunimi bursts out laughing before leaning on the bathtub side. Kindaichi turns around and shakes his head.

Kindaichi "I am going to make you breakfast."

Kunimi "Thank you, love."

Kindaichi "Yeah, yeah."

After Kunimi finishes his bath, he wears his boxers and a random shirt he picks from the cloth pile on the chair. He walks to the kitchen where Kindaichi has already plated his food. Kunimi smiles before he sits on Kindaichi's lap and pulls the plate towards him.

Kindaichi "..."

Kunimi "What?"

Kindaichi "Nothing."