5. <3

Nick's POV
I walk up to the apartment leaving the ring in the car. I would have to sneak it up when Charlie was asleep or not here. I get up to our apartment and insert the key in the door, when the door opens I find Charlie sitting on the floor directly inside of the door. "What are you doing?" I say while laughing.

"I was sooo bored without you. I was waiting for you to get back," Charlie replies looking up at me with puppy dog eyes. I grab his hands and pull him up so he's standing in front of me. I give him a quick kiss, and head to the kitchen. "Are you hungry?" I ask him since it's been 5 hours since lunch.

"A little, but not too much."

"Ok I'll make us some dinner, is there anything you would want?" I ask him. I like giving him as much control as possible when it comes to eating, Geoff said that helps.

"Could we maybe have sandwiches again, they were super good."

"Of course we can Char. You can go rest up I'll make them real quick." I make the sandwiches and serve them on the table.

-Time Skip-

It's 11:23 pm now, and Charlie is fast asleep with his head on my stomach. I am gently playing with his hair while watching him. This is a perfect opportunity to bring up the ring. I carefully slip out from under Charlie replacing my stomach with a pillow. I quietly leave the apartment and head to the car. I grab the ring and go back up. I am running around the apartment trying to find a place to hide it. I hid it in the kitchen cupboard with all of our seasonings and spices. Charlie rarely cooks so I think it's safe there. I go back to the bedroom, and go back to where I left off. I take my phone out and start typing my engagement speech.

Charlie, you are truly the most amazing person. You know I love you more than anybody else. I have loved living with you these past couple months. You are the only one I want to fall asleep next to, and then wake up next to the following day. I love making you laugh, and I love how we can have fun doing anything. I never believed in 'love at first sight' or 'soulmates' or any of that, until I met you. When you first walked into form I had this rush come over me. I thought I was straight, but it turns out that rush I felt was love. I loved you then, I  love you now, and I'll love you forever. Charlie Francis Spring would you make me even happier than you already have, and marry me?

Done.

472 words