𝐀𝐆𝐀𝐏𝐄 #𝟎𝟓:

GRANGER drops the beer on the table with a frown on his face while looking at the chestnut-haired man.

Gusion snaps his sight to Granger, noticing his displeased look.

Gusion rolls his eyes skyward before he speaks " yes, it's me again "

" aren't you getting tired of coming here every night? I mean.. Guinevere wasn't visiting here anymore since last month" Granger uttered while reaching for the coins on the table.

Gusion's brows wrinkled as he ran his fingers to his hair. " I know that " he responded.

Granger just scoffed before turning his back on him. He halted for a second, without facing the man. " It was your fault anyway" he says coldly and rolled his eyes mentally. Gusion merely scoffs as he gulps his beer.

" yeah whatever" he uttered, watching  Granger's back heading towards the counter.

Gusion roams his gaze around the tavern, hoping to see a glimpse of ginger head lady but just like before not even a silhouette of Guinevere appeared.

He was coming back and forth to the tavern for almost a month already. Aamon made him regret saying those things the last time they saw the noble lady and forced him to apologize to her.

Perhaps the lady got punished just like Granger had always told him whenever he would ask questions about her. And Gusion could only frown, it's not like it was all his fault. Guinevere was pestering him, telling him things that he didn't even ask about, and also the mention of saving her once which he hated the most.

He swears, that the first time he met the noble lady was right inside of this tavern when she served them their drinks and not outside, saving her from some vicious merchants.

Also, her fiance overacted after seeing them merely chatting ah no... Guinevere was the only one talking between them. He didn't expect him to react that way after saying that the noble lady was hitting on him which he actually finds funny.

Who fucking fool would believe that a noble lady was being flirty towards a mere peasant. Well... maybe except for him, everyone would surely grab the chance just to have a conversation with him.

That Ling was making it too obvious that he is obsessed with this lady Guinevere.

THE NIGHT HAS ENDED and he didn't see even a glimpse of Guinevere, as he expected.

" Irlan visited here yesterday and he mentions about this grand ball that will be held at the Moniyan Empire and... the Princess allow them to bring their families, she also prepares a banquet outside the palace "

Both Aamon and Gusion's attention snaps to their aunt Valentina after hearing what she just said.

Aamon lets go of the shovel and reach for the cup of water on the small table outside their also small house.

He drank before he speaks " so you're telling us that we'll be going there? "

Valentina nodded " yes, it's tonight actually"

Aamon only nodded as a response and joined his brother in digging soil. They were making a garden of flowers, and Valentina request them to do so.

Irlan was their aunt Valentina's husband who is working as a gardener at the Moniyan Palace. He could barely visit them cause their house was so far from the said Palace. They were living in the middle of the woods, so far from civilization which made Aamon and Gusion agree on entering various jobs in the town.

They don't want to be a burden to their aunt Valentina, especially since she and Irlan had a child. The name's Melissa.

Later on, they decided to visit Lesley at her vegetable stall at the market, they finished all their pending jobs anyways.