CHAPTER FIFTY-TWO - A PROMISE IS A PROMISE

Sorry. It's short (。ŏ_ŏ)

.

In his almost a thousand year of living Eruhaben had seen a lot of strange things.

Since meeting the red haired child and a weird baby dragon who barged into his lair unannounced, those strange things he witnessed before his seclusion had proven to be nothing in comparison to what awaited him.

He met another strange red head, a strange raven head, and a multitude of strange beast children and human's who are just as weird as the two who managed to pull him out of his solitude.

And now he is yet again, witnessing another strange thing.

The huge fire in front of him isn't magic.

It isn't divine power either, nor an ancient power.

'Alchemy, huh.'

As expected of an ancient dragon with almost a thousand year of wisdom, he almost instantly discovered the nature of the fire.

Eruhaben's gaze went to the red haired child he had decided to take care of the moment he met him because he found the child interesting.

He remembered the item that Cade had tasked the wolf pups to get for him. Eruhaben had to follow the children from behind in secret as an assurance that they will be fine even though they already have Hilsman as their care taker and guard.

He grumbled before but did so as Cade asked anyway.

Eruhaben saw Cade dunked the item to a strange water. That water in itself is a power too.

When the two combined, it formed a water attributed power that have the ability to suppress all fire.

It is incredible how the young human can find those special things and take them without batting an eye. As if that was normal.

Eruhaben shook his head. He really is already too old to be experiencing new things. He hoped what little time remained for him is enough to help these children on whatever it is they are planning to achieve.

Their group is still pretty far from the fire but they can already feel the burning heat on their skins.

The people of the Jungle stepped closer to them and the group they accompanied here.

"Your highness!"

"They are back?"

"But they hadn't been gone for long."

"Did they encountered a problem and had to go back?"

'Highness?'

Eruhaben looked at the woman who seemed to be the leader of the group they met at the end of the Path of No Return.

She had introduced herself as "Lina" but she never mentioned her position.

He shrugged. It doesn't really matter to him. What mattered is that the kid seems to know about it.

"I'm sorry for not properly introducing myself to you. I am Litana, the queen of the Jungle."

"It is an honor to meet you your highness. We understand your disposition, you do not need to apologize."