CHAPTER THIRTY THREE - FOLLOWING ALONG

The sun gently shining down from high in the sky touches their skin with warmth. The breeze carrying the fresh scent of the forest blows with the stray leaves. And the noise of the people going about their way makes up for another great day.

It is a typical scenery of one normal spring day.

And that is the problem.

The place should have been wreath in death and fire.

The people laughing and joking as they do their normal village work were supposed to be dead.

At least, that is what they came here to prevent.

But everything is just fine.

There is no attacker. No assassination. No fire in the village.

It is just another normal day for the Harris Village.

"H-how?"

Choi Han's pupils were shaking.

He was sure that the village was supposed to be attacked yesterday. But the date has passed and the village is still as lively as any other day.

Why?

Cale have conflicted emotions about Harris Village.

It is true that he hated the village in the past. To the point of feeling slightly triumphant at the demise of a village that had a hand in his grief.

But the villagers were innocent. And he would never wish death upon those that did no one any harm.

The events of the past did not repeat.

Cale's head hurt just thinking about all the possibilities. There were too many variables involved that he couldn't even try to point one out.

He looked to the side where Cade is sitting on top of the thick stone wall beside him.

The fourteen year old boy have an expressionless face. But his eyes are shaking.

It seemed that he is not the only one affected by this unexpected change.

Cade is in deep thought.

In the novel he had read as Kim Rok Soo, the massacre of the Harris Village is the starting point.

When Choi Han, who spent tens of years alone in the Forest of Darkness finally found the exit, the first people to show him warmth and affection he had already forgotten was the people of Harris Village.

Unfortunately, an attack from unknown assassins broke his illusion of peace and dragged him in the messy world of blood and killings.

But now, the village is safe and sound.

No danger had befallen.

The question at the moment is "why".

What changed that the supposedly massacred village is still safe?

In the first place, what triggered the attack in the past timeline?

Is there something important in the village that the villains have to absolutely annihilate every single residence of the village?

Was the change their fault then?

Because Cale regressed and Cade reincarnated and it somehow have a connection with this village?

Or was it Choi Han himself?

Almost all hero stories have to have a tragedy at the start to give the hero a reason to be a hero.