Ch 7. Better Version

In Ranbir's room
Ranbir was walking up and down biting his nails when Vikram entered who repeated his question, "did Prachi say anything"?
"no, nothing at all, in fact I was not able to ask her anything", said Ranbir.

Vikram:-"what? Why? What was the point of going to her place then?
Ranbir:-"dad, she was not alone there, that Aditiya was there, how would I talk to her".
Vikram:-"Aditiya? Is it the guy who you think she has moved on with"?
Ranbir:-"yes, and dad whenever I convince myself that this is just an assumption, something happens which makes me think on the same again".

At this point Vikram did not understand what Ranbir was trying to say, and so Ranbir elaborated and said what was bothering him, "dad Prachi stays with Aditiya in the same house".
"so? Rhea would also stay....", said vikram trying to tell Ranbir it was not a big deal but realised it was not a good example.

Prachi stays with another man in one house but he stayed with another woman in a room. It was only now when he was in Prachi's shoes, he could clearly feel her pain which she went through every single day of her life.

Vikram:-"Ranbir, don't think about that much, I didn't mean to say it in that manner".
"I know dad, but, now I know unknowingly how much pain I have given to my Prachi and maybe that's why she wants to move on", saying this Ranbir set on the bed.
Vikram too set next to him, keeping his hand on his should he asked, "is there anything else also that has happened, cause I don't think you would say all this just because Prachi is living with Aditiya".

Ranbir remembered everything that took place during lunch at the Roy Mansion.
Prachi:-"Adi, enough I won't be able to eat so much".
Aditiya:-"that's not possible. This is your favorite dish and made by your favorite person".

why does he call you that".
"secret", Prachi and Aditiya replied together.

"ya ya why would you remember, I'm already happy, talking to you", said Prachi as taunt. That's when it striked Aditiya and he said:-"oh, let me feed you".

Vikram shook Ranbir as he was lost in his thoughts.
Ranbir worriedly:-"Prachi has not moved on right, she has not, she can be angry with me but she can't forget us, our love, dad she still loves me right".
Vikram:-"Ranbir, calm down. First stop making stories in your head and secondly talk to Prachi, she is coming to the party right, talk to her only than everything will be cleared".
Ranbir nodded and hugged Vikram, he told Ranbir to stop worrying and to get ready.

Kohli Mansion
The mansion was beautifully decorated, the guest started coming, Ranbir stood at a distance looking at the door eagerly waiting for Prachi though Aditiya would accompany her, he could care less about it and worry more about what Prachi would say and how she would react.

All worries were soon disappeared and turned into joy as Prachi stepped in the house alone.
Ranbir:-"finally! Now I don't have to plan or worry about anything. I can talk to Prachi easily without that Aditiya present.

With Ranbir other people too noticed Prachi, who was standing near a table, and before he could go they reached near her.

"Beta", dida called out to Prachi and went to give her a hug but Prachi took a step back and showed a palm to her, signing to not come close.

Dida:-"Prachi, beta, I..."
Prachi:-"Prachi, just Prachi".
They all looked at her confused.
Prachi:-"I keep my personal life and professional life separate and I've already told the same to Mr.Ranbir Kohli. I expect with him you all will respect my decision. So please, I request y'all to call me by my name and not any nicknames".
Pallavi:-"Prachi, mummy is just trying to say hi to you. You never were like this before..."
Prachi:-"and maybe that's why it was easy for everyone to take advantage of me. This new Prachi, I like it, a much better version than before".
They all were stunned hearing her and exchanged looks.

Pallavi:-"Prachi I know I did lot of wrong thin..."
Prachi:-"let's keep the past in the past. I really don't care what happened back then also I have no interest in remembering the past".

Ranbir stood in a place where Prachi would not notice him but he could hear her. He heard everything and was dishearten thinking how she doesn't want to remember her past due to numerous reasons.
Dida, Pallavi and Vikram didn't know what to say further, how to apologize. She doesn't want to remember her past and it was fine who would want to remember all the torture and relive their pain?
They were trying to find words but Vikram noticed Prachi searching for someone and he guessed that she was searching for Ranbir.

Vikram:-"be... Prachi, are you searching for someone"?
Prachi agreed and confirmed that she was searching for someone.
"he is here itself", said Vikram and signed Ranbir to come out.

"yes", saying this she walked straight and hugged Aditiya. "why did you take so long"?
"I was not getting place to park the car", replied Aditiya.

The Kholi family saw this and wondered who was Aditiya to Prachi. Ranbir thought that Aditiya was not coming but now seeing him and Prachi hugging him shattered all his hopes. Their closeness was killing him, with tears in his eyes he left from there. Vikram, dida and Pallavi followed him.

"did you wish Mr.Kohli's grandma"? Asked Aditiya.
Prachi:-"not yet, I was waiting for you. How could I wish alone"?
Aditiya:-"okay, now I'm here, let's go and wish".
Prachi:-"ya, let's go".
Aditiya, trying to locate the family:-"but where will we find them"?
Prachi:-"they are there.... They were here itself, I was talking to them".
Aditiya:-"you were talking to them and you didn't wish Mr.Kohli's grandma"?
Prachi:-"I told you I was waiting for you. But now what"?
Aditiya:-"Prachi it's their party, they'll will be here itself, we'll wish later".
_____________________________
Thank you so much for your love on the previous chapter❤
Hope you liked this chapter too.