Ch 3. Life or business partner

Prachi was walking towards the door, Ranbir wanted to talk to her and was about to stop her but was yet again beaten by Aditiya.

Aditiya:-"where do you think you're going"?
Prachi turned and looked at him to understand why he's asking the question.
"your meetings are done for the day and now your going straight home and nowhere", said Aditiya strictly.

Ranbir was not liking the way Aditiya was ordering Prachi to do things as per his wish but Prachi within no time switched from a professional bold business woman to an innocent child.

"I just came here, I don't want to go home, it's boring and you too are here".
"Prachi you need rest not work".
"Adiii, I will not attend any meetings, I'll just go through some files in my cabin".
"no! Not this time, Your puppy faces are not going to help this time, (holding her by shoulder) you need rest and...
"and for that God has given us sundays, and that was not enough for us therefore we made saturdays as half working day, I have time for resting", said Prachi giving a not so agreeable explanation.
Before Aditiya could deny or say anything she just happily said "thank you" and immediately left towards her cabin.

Tanya was about to leave behind Prachi but was stopped.
"how many meetings does she have lined up for the day Tanya"? questioned Aditiya.
"sir, ma'am doesn't have..."
"don't even try to lie and don't even think I'm going to believe 'go through some files' excuse. I know Prachi very well, she definitely has meetings, so just tell me how many and what time".
"Prachi ma'am has 2 meetings one at 2'o clock and other at 5'o clock".
"both the meetings should be on video call" stated Aditiya. "and tell Prachi that the clients had asked to change it".
Tanya:-"sir, if she comes to know I lied I'll be fired".
Aditiya:-"don't worry about that, she won't know and even if she does I'll handle it, you won't loose your job. Now go and do the changes".
Tanya was a little bit worried at first but agreed to do as asked cause she knew Aditiya would handle everything.

Aditiya realized that Ranbir and Stanley were present there itself and had witnessed the whole situation.
Ranbir:-"why are you taking decisions on behalf of Pra... I mean miss Arora? She likes to work then let her do it".
Aditiya:-"I'm not stopping her from working, she can work. As I said Prachi is behind the success of this company, more than anyone I know how much she not only likes but loves to work but she also needs to rest and because she forgets it I need to remind her".

"this is a normal story, at this point I have mastered the skill in handling this caterpillar of mine".

He forwarded his hand to Ranbir and said:-"Anyways it was nice meeting you, let us know if you are ready to apply the changes". Saying this he too left the conference room.

Stanley to himself:-"are they business partners or life partners"?
But it was heard by Ranbir who glared at him and asked him to repeat what he said.

Ranbir:-"I asked you to say what you just said, what do you...
Stanley:-"sorry sir, but the way Mr.Roy welcomed Prachi ma'am, introduced her, the way he kept calling her partner looked like she is his life partner. I, I mean to say who forces their business partners to rest and ask to forget meetings? Also sir whatever happened a year back ma'am was really upset and I guess she still is, she didn't even try looking at you like before even for a second".

Ranbir didn't waste any time to think about what Stanley had just said, without wasting any time he just went towards Prachi's cabin to talk, to clear everything and most importantly to apologize for not being there for her.

Prachi's Cabin
Ranbir knocked on the door
Prachi doing some work on her laptop asked the person to come in.
Ranbir saw how she was invested in her work. Without looking up Prachi asked what was the work.

Ranbir emotionally:-"Prachi"
Prachi looked up and said, "It's Miss Arora for you".
Ranbir:-"huh"?
Prachi:-"I'm not your friend, for you to address me by my name Mr.Kohli, let's keep it professional".

Before he could say anything further they heard someone calling out to Prachi and within no time the person barged into the cabin.
Prachi worriedly got up of the seat and went towards him:-"Adi, what happened? Is everything fine"?
Aditiya just nodded yes and and twirled Prachi in his excitement.
Prachi:-"what happened? Why are you so... Okokokokok wait wait wait, you got it"?
Aditiya excitedly just nodded yes and Prachi screamed in happiness leaving Ranbir confused, he was trying to figure out what was happening. His confused face was noticed by the two and Prachi cleared it.
Prachi excitedly:-"Adi is getting the best business man of the year award".

"oh! Nice, Congratulations Mr.Roy" wished Ranbir looking at how happy and excited Prachi was.

"Such a fool I am, instead of wishing I'm just jumping. Congratulations Adi" saying this she hugged him which, this pricked Ranbir's heart, was Stanley saying the truth?

Seeing everything he recalled how he had ones told Prachi that whenever he wins an award he will dedicate the award to his motivator -Prachi, he remembered their act of Prachi presenting the award and him receiving it, he was brought back to present by Aditiya's voice.

Aditiya pulling Prachi's cheeks said "it's all because of my caterpillar here. You are the main reason for this win so you too will have to come and receive the award with me, and NO EXCUSES, it's final".

______________________________
Same question as Stanley right?😅 I'm just going to say it is a Pranbir story but Aditiya, too, is a very important person in Prachi's life.

After so much definitely it's not going to be that easy for Ranbir.
______________________________
First book and just 2 chapters, it's number 44 in kumkum bhagya. Thank you for all your support and love😊💕.