Chapter 18 - Camellia ~ Tsubaki

Chapter 18 Camellia ~ Tsubaki

~~~

The pain was almost nostalgic. I recognized the feel - the vampire biting me now was a Level E, just like the one me and Kaori met in the town. Except Takuma and Senri were there to save me, and now they weren’t. Nobody was around for miles - not even a single movement. Just the monster and me.

Blood seeped out of me into his mouth. I got weaker and weaker every second, but I couldn’t muster enough strength to push him off me. I was trapped under him, completely hopeless. Even words wouldn’t come out. All of a sudden, my own fangs came out. I was somehow stronger, and so I pushed him off with ease. Then I sent a vine of flowers that looked like the one Senri gave me towards the vampire. It wrapped around his body and tightened until he was no longer there. My eyes amplified as the blood splattered around everywhere. The vine came back into my grasp and disappeared into my hand.

My whole body was shaking. One, because it was cold and two because I was scared. Had I just killed a vampire? The thought sent shivers down my spine.

My precious daughter has finally grown up.

Huh? Who’s that?

I spoke to you before, remember. I’m your mother.

Really? I-I don’t know what to say…

Oh, well I’ll tell you what. Since your powers have awakened, I want you to go see your aunt again. This time, you’d better ask for your name. I won’t tell you now, because I’m sure she’ll be happy to see you. Could I also ask you to visit a woman called Reiko. She lives next-door to your aunt. She was my best friend - she knows more than anyone related to me. Maybe she’ll show you a keepsake of mine.

Of course I will! When can I speak to you next?

But that was it.

The only thing left for me to do was to visit aunt Kyoko and hope for the best. My real name, was actually in my reach. I could find out, without too much hassle. With that in mind, I picked myself up and ran towards the Day Class. I spotted Takeru almost straight away, and sped past, grabbing his hand.

“Sakura? What’s up?” 

“We have to go to Aunt Kyoko’s house. Now. Can you take me there?”

“Wow, someone has a feisty attitude.”

I frowned at him. “Just take me there.”

We were still running when the Headmaster stopped us. “You can’t go off the grounds, Sakura.”

“Shut up you freak. Let me past already, my mother ordered me to go somewhere.”

“S-Sakura? What’s wrong?”

“I would leave her be, sensei. She’s in an aggressive mood,” Takeru pointed out. The Headmaster sighed but let me past. I did feel incredibly spirited, and powerful. Was this vampire form really setting inside me now? “Let’s hurry, Takeru,” I said with a straight face.

Takeru stopped a taxi which took us to Antonia Close. I hopped out and went to Aunt Kyoko’s house. The hallway light was on. I rang the doorbell, hoping for an immediate answer. Unfortunately, I had to wait a few minutes so I rang it again.

“Sorry, the mistress is not available to- Sakura! Come in, quick. Oh, Takeru, you’re here too!” the housekeeper mused. I shot her a nasty look before entering. She stepped back cautiously. 

“Please do not mind her, Sakura is not quite herself tonight,” Takeru said gently. I sighed, then called Aunt Kyoko.

“She’s in the drawing room,” the housekeeper said. I went straight towards it and opened the door.