When we finally get to the lion enclosure, it's lined with people crowded around and gawking at the commotion. I can't even get a clear view over the group and I'm immediately annoyed. How are news crews here already?

"We had a visitor jump the railing to take a picture and get into the lion enclosure. There's a ravine between the railing and the lion yard for safety purposes, and that's where he ended up." Michael explains, talking so fast I can hardly keep up. He's anxious, and I can tell this is the first time he's dealt with this type of thing.

Well, that makes two of us.

"And the lions are in the yard?" Brooks asks, a little nervous himself.

Michael nods. "Only one. Miko."

"And how far down into the ravine is the guy?" Wes and the guys press for more information as I fight my way to the crowd for a better view so I can access the situation.

I don't even have to lean over the railing to know where the man is. His screaming points me in the right direction. He's about fifteen feet below us, and with our ladder, we can reach him easily. By his positioning, I can tell that at least his leg is broken, but we'll load him on a body board and can levy him up that way. Easy as pie—in theory.

The only issue is the monstrous male lion, who is pacing at the top of the ravine, ready to jump in at a moment's notice. The animal is at least five hundred pounds of sheer muscle and he's furious. I would be, too, if some moron decided to jump into my yard and cause a scene this way. A small part of me wants to leave the guy down there and let him fend for himself. How stupid and selfish do you have to be to jump into an enclosure with a wild animal like that? 

I won't actually leave him down there, but the thought is enticing. Just as I'm about to head back to the group and deliver the plan, I notice something else.

There's another person in the enclosure. A woman. She's only a few feet from the lion, and she's... trying to coax him away?

"Mikko, no." She claps her hands, getting the lion's attention briefly, but then he's back on the prowl and stalking the injured asshole at the bottom of the ravine. With one little leap, he'd be on top of the guy, ripping him to shreds. Not that that isn't a fate he deserves, but I'm more concerned with the woman.

She's completely undeterred, talking to the lion as if he's a naughty house cat and not a killing machine would could devour her in seconds. She's the trainer, she's got to be, but why the hell is she in there risking her life that way? She'd know the risks and the danger, and with the lion distracted the way he is, she could get out at any moment.

"Jesus Christ." I run my fingers through my hair, shoving my way through the crowd and back to where my men are huddled with the curator. Michael is waving his arms around in distress and quickly losing control of the situation as more and more people gather around to get a peek of the action.

"Do you have a service entrance we can get our truck through?" I take control, unwilling to let things spiral any farther. For now, there are no major injuries or fatalities, and I'd like to keep it that way.

"Right there." He points to a large gate. "I'll send one of my security guys to guide you."

I nod to Wes, who sprints to the front.

"We should be able to reach him with the ladder and hoist him up on a board. Ziggy, his leg looks broken, but other than that, his injuries are minor. Get some morphine ready, and a splint for the leg during transport. Bring the ambo around with Wes."

He and Morgan head back to the front, too.

"There's a woman in the enclosure, too." I turn to Michael, who winces.