Protective Mode Activated

Might keep it in Ray's POV. For some rest reason I love it when it's on the other end of the story.

I quickly went up to Junk 'N' Stuff before looking at Gooch. "Why did you send me an emergency signal?" I asked as Avery walked over. "Look! That's a garbage juicer!" He said as Avery crossed her arms. "You called him up here just to see your silly machine?" She asked, her purple flannel complimenting her white jeans. Her chocolate brown hair in a rare ponytail.

"Gooch, I was busy downstairs researching criminals." I said, leaning on the counter. "Watch. I just dump the garbage into the thingy." He said and opened it up to dump trash into it as Avery and I wrickled our noses at the horrid scent. "Gooch-" "Now, observe." He said and closed it before turning it on. Avery and I both tried not to throw up as we watched the nasty liquid come out. "If he offers, I'm not gonna be the one to try it." She whispered to me as I patted her shoulder.

"Don't blame ya." I said, keeping my hand there. "You see? The garbage is gone. It's all in the juice." Gooch said proudly. "Can I go back downstairs now?" I asked unimpressed with his little machine and quite crossed out about it. "I'll join you!" Avery said quickly and went to follow. "Ray, Avery! We gotta talk to you." Henry said as he and Charlotte walked in. "This is important." Charlotte added as they came over.

"There's a creepy new kid at our school." Henry said as I looked at the machine garbage juicer and rolled my eyes. "Ugh, can we talk about it downstairs? Gooch's juice smells." I said and walked to the back with them as they explained everything. "Why do you think this Ortho kid is up to something?" Avery asked as we got into the elevator. "Well, he was asking about the school's water supply." Henry said as the door closed.

"And he wanted to know about the security cameras and-" I pushed the button to send us down as they screamed. Avery just held my upper arm tightly as I smiled a little, unfazed at the quick drop. "I wonder why he was asking about those things! Guys? Oh, stop screaming." I shouted over the rushed winds. We reached the bottom as I helped Avery keep her balance while they fell. I walked out with my arms crossed as Avery had her hands in her pockets.

"Can't that elevator be adjusted?" Charlotte asked as I faced them. "Why do you say this Ortho kid is creepy?" I asked curiously, ignoring her. "Because he says weird stuff. And he's got this crazy, psycho look in his eye." Henry said as they walked out. "You got a pic?" Avery asked as they thought. "Jasper's Twitflash." Charlotte pointed out. "Oh, yeah. Jasper posted a pic if him and Ortho on his Twitflash." Henry informed.

"Then I say we look at Jasper's Twitflash." I said as Avery walked over to the monitors. "You're good to connect, Hen." She said and stood up as we walked over. Charlotte and I leaned against the couch. "Jasper really loves buckets." Avery said with a bored tone. "Ah. That's Ortho right there." Henry said as he stopped at a picture with Jasper and a kid with thick ginger curls and glasses.

"Mmm, he's a boy alright." I said and walked over to the chair Avery was in. "No, duh, dipstick." She said and tilted her head back to look at me. "A big that up to no good." Charlotte said as Avery looked back. "Oh, give him a break." I said and messed with Avery's ponytail. "What?" The kids asked me with disbelief. "The kid's new to your school, he's probably just a little awkward. Let's not make mumps out if marshmallows." I said as I took Avery's hair down. "I like it this way." I whispered in her ear, giving her hair tie to her.

"He also threatened you and Avery." Henry said as I faced him. "Avery?! What'd that little marsh mumps say?!" I asked, getting protective. I could careless about me, but no one threatens Avery. "Me getting threatened? That new." She said, spinning in the chair. "That his father was going to 'take care' of Captain Man and Rebel." Charlotte said as I gripped my hands into fists. "Oh, did he? Well, we'll just see about-" "Wait. He said his father was going to take care of me?" Avery asked, remembering something.