I shook my head at his coy remark.

"Speaking of punishment," he continued, wagging his finger in the air. "I believe we have some clearing to do." His hand fell back to his side.

"After my shift," I clarified.

He sucked his teeth and shook his head in disapproval. "I don't think so."

"What, you're not going to let me work tonight?"

His lips curled upward, answering up question. I stood from the bed and shuffled to my boots that stood next to my dresser. I kneeled down and slipped my feet in, then laced up each foot. Negan turned his body to face me rather than my bed. I rose from my position and began towards the door.

"I'll go tell Harry, I guess," I said. Negan swung Lucille from his shoulder, blocking my way to the door.

"Don't worry, darling," he said, "Prince Charming already knows." 

I looked down at his bat, only inches away from my chest. He followed my gaze and lowered Lucille to his side. I moved past him, bumping into him harshly with my shoulder. I reached for the door handle and pulled the door open.

"Let's get to it, then," I said displeased. He turned to face me, once again, before tilting his back to the side and leaning backwards. 

"Why thank you," he said huskily. He waltzed through the door and I followed, closing it behind me.

-

We made our way through the gates, the chainlink fence closing behind us. We walked toward the treeline, ready to hunt the dead. 

"Here," Negan pulled a knife from his waistband and twirled it in his hand, offering the handle to me. I took it carefully, trying to read the expression that plastered his face. "Don't try anything stupid."

I held the tang of the knife in my palm, gripping it tightly. This would be the best opportunity I would have to get Negan. We are outside the fences, alone, and he gave me a weapon. I know his strength, but he does not know mine. We continued to the trees and through the foliage. With a slight bend in my knees and the knife at my waist, I surveyed the area, searching for grey, melted flesh. Negan followed behind me, leaves softly crunching beneath his boots, whistling an unfamiliar tune. 

A groan sounded through the trees, in reaction to the whistles behind me. I turned to face the stumbling walker, its jaw wide and eyes locked on the dining opportunity ahead of it. I shifted to the side of the walker, distancing myself from Negan. 

"Distract it," I hissed. 

Negan's arrogance was on full display, he swung Lucille by his side as he continued to whistle louder, drawing the rotting corpse closer. Its groans became increasingly loud, ready to devour human flesh. As the walker neared Negan, I crept up behind it. I lunged forward and sunk the knife into its softened skull, making it collapse to the ground. I retracted the knife a wiped the aged blood on what was left of the walkers clothing. I rummaged through the pockets, coming up with nothing. I rose from the twice-dead body and looked to Negan, a smirk living on his lips.

"Damn," he exclaimed, resting his weight on Lucille. "That was hot."

I rolled my eyes before turning away, continuing to hunt for walkers. Negan continued to whistle obnoxiously. 

"Will you cut that out?" I asked annoyed, my sight set forward. "It's drawing them to us."

"Isn't that the whole point, sweetheart?" 

"The point is to clear out the area without fucking dying," I replied firmly. 

Leaves and small twigs crunched beneath my boots. Brush scraped against my jeans and lightly swept across my arms. Not long after the first, another walker appeared in front of me, reaching its arms out to grab ahold of my frame. I jogged forward and kicked the walker in the leg, knocking it to the ground. It fell on its side, trying to make its way back to its feet, but I acted much quicker. My knife impaled its forehead with one swift movement, and I copied my actions from the first takedown. As I dug through its pockets, I found a small pocket knife.

"I'll take that," Negan approached without me noticing, and snatched the knife from my hand. I stood over the body and looked at Negan, standing over my right shoulder. 

"Are you gonna help me or just watch?" 

"I am enjoying the show," he said amorously. I scoffed and continued on in search for the next walker. 

"How was your dinner with Prince Charming?" Negan broke a timely silence. 

"Before or after your rude interruption?" I quipped, rolling my eyes upward.

"Either, darling," he had suddenly caught up with me, and we walked side-by-side.

"It was nice," I started. "He's a great cook and he's really nice." I thought back to our conversation from dinner, Harry asking about my people, him telling me about his journey to The Sanctuary.

"Did you two fuck after?"

I stopped in my tracks, Negan doing the same after a couple of steps. He turned back to look at me, grin plastered on his face. I furrowed my brows and lifted my upper lip in disgust. He began to chuckle at my expression, clearly amused by my bewilderment.

"Excuse me?" I stepped forward slightly, the grip on my knife tightening. 

"You must've worn that little black dress for a reason," he stepped toward me, closing the space between us even moreso. He ran his tongue across his lower lip. "You're not fucking fooling me, darling."

"Even if we did, that's none of your business." I tilted my head back to look him in the eye.

"So that's a no," he began to laugh, "Well that's fucking dandy, I was hoping to be the first anyway-" I used all of my strength to push him back. He stumbled backward, tripping over a large branch, and fell on his back. I took this as my chance, quickly lunging on top of him, holding the knife to his throat.

"Falling for me already?" I mocked his spill.

His expression was dark for a split moment, before his arrogant grin curled up. I pressed the blade against his stubble-ridden throat, irritated by the smile on his face. His hand reached up to grab my arm, and he pulled the blade away from his neck. Before I could sink the knife in his neck, he pulled his right hip up and flipped us over. His hands were gripping my wrists tightly, the tang of the knife still in my grasp.

"You're in deep shit, darling," he smacked my wrist against the ground until the knife fell from my grip. He reached for it, taking the handle in his hand, and placed it in his waistband. "I told you not to try anything stupid."

My eyes never left his, his weight slowly crushing my hips. I didn't let it phase me, I showed no weakness in my submissive position. He looked down at me, slowly looking up and down at my body beneath his. The same wide grin appeared, displaying his perfect teeth. 

"What, are you gonna lock me in a fucking cell?" I spat.

He let out a deep chuckle as his eyes met mine once more. "Oh no, sweetheart. You just got somebody from your camp killed," he grinned.

"By the way, I don't want you to wear that goddamn black dress ever again," his tongue swept across his pearly teeth as he looked me up and down again, bringing both of my wrists together above my head. "Unless it's for me, of course."

He let go of my wrists, but grabbed the front of my shirt, pulling me up with him as he stood. He released his grip and spun me around, grabbing onto the collar of the back of my shirt. We turned back the direction we came and headed back to the gates. Once we approached, he called up to the man on watch.

"Davey," his voice boomed, "Grab Dwight and go clear out the surrounding walkers."

Davey opened the gates for us, and Negan pushed me through.

He was going to kill somebody from Alexandria.