Chapter Two

Mama and I decided to head to lunch at a local restaurant today. I'm just sitting here staring at the menu in my hands, thinking about him. I should've said something or asked for his number. Now I'll probably never see him again.

This sucks.

"Mika?" Mama asks.

I glance over at her before looking back at the menu. Mama sighs.

"I'm worried about you honey," she tells me.

"And why is that mother?" I ask her.

"Andy," she says. "He's broken your heart one too many times love. Maybe it is time that you two just move on from one another."

I set the menu down on the table and run my right hand through my hair. This time I sigh.

"I know mama, but it is not that simple. Yes, he has broken my heart one too many times, but I'm not perfect either. I love him. And I know that he loves me too," I tell her just before her phone rings.

While she's chatting to whomever called her I glance to my right. A young male with dark brown hair and a pair of familiar dark brown eyes. Looking at him just reminds me more how I let that angel walk right out of my life.

I sigh and look to mama. She gives me an apologetic look as she wraps up her phone call.

"Hey," a familiar voice says. "Sorry I'm late," he says as he takes a seat across from the younger male.

It's him.

"Mom?" The younger male asks Dr. Hanson.

"Who else?" Dr. Hanson says sarcastically.

So he is either married or divorced. And he has a son. Still interested.

"Mika?" Mama says annoyingly.

I nod my head as I continue to stare at him.

"I'm sorry love, but I have to leave," she tells me.

I turn my head to her.

"What? Why?" I ask.

"I have a meeting. I'll call you when I'm done," she says as she stands up and kisses the top of my head before leaving.

I sigh.

"Guess I'll just eat by myself," I say to myself.

"You can eat with us," Dr. Hanson says.

I almost snap my neck as I turn my head quickly to face him with wide-eyes.

"You sure?" I ask.

"Of course," he replies.

"O-okay..." I say as I stand up and make my way to their table.

Dr. Hanson takes my crutches and places them on the other side of him.

"Thank you," I say to him.

"No problem. This is my son Luke. Luke this is Mika," he says.

"Nice to meet you," I say as I shake his hand.

"You too," he replies.

"So," Dr. Hanson starts. "What brings you to Miami?"

"Well, I had a show last night. I've got a few interviews and I'll be working at a studio all next week."

"So you're a performer or singer?" Luke asks curiously.

"Yes," I reply as the waitress comes to take our orders.

"How long are you in town for though?" Dr. Hanson asks.

"Two more weeks. I do have to go to New York Tuesday though. Do you work nights?" I ask him.

"Not usually, but I was covering for the other doctor last night when I met you."

"What should I call you? Doctor? Dr. Hanson?"

He chuckles, "Alex is fine."

"Alex it is," I reply with a smile. "Is Luke your only son?"

"I have two younger boys. Liam is 16 and David is nine. They live with their mother a majority of the time."

"Were you married?" I ask.

"Yes," he says. "We divorced last summer. I got sick of her constantly cheating on me and she treated me like shit, so I left. Luke came with me, but she got custody of the younger two."

"I'm sorry."

"Why? Did you sleep with her?" Alex asks with a smirk.

"No," I laugh. "I know how you feel. My ex cheated-cheats on me all the time. I mean I've done it, but once I told him it would never happen again I stopped. He'll never stop."

An awkward silence then fell upon the three of us.