036.

"it's futile trying to prevent death

"it's futile trying to prevent death... it will always come back to us Eddie.."

TW, GORE!!

LOVERS LAKE, HAWKINS INDIANA, 1986

"There's a gate in Lover's Lake? Whenever the Demogorgon attacked, it always left an opening. Maybe Vecna's the same way" Dustin muttered as he looked over at the remains of the group.

"Yeah only one way to find out" Steve spoke with a rather hostile tone. as the group began to grab the boat and bring it closer to shore so they could manage to find the gate. "Easy.... I said easy man" Steve muttered as Eddie ran over his foot with the boat

"Sorry dude" Eddie whispered with sincerity laced in his voice. "Here you go" he grabbed Nancys hand to help stabilise her as she got into the wobbly boat.

"thank you" she offered a grateful smile whereas Robin graciously got into the boat holding both Eddie and Steven heads to keep her balance before plopping down onto a seat next to Nancy.

"I uhm... I guess that works" Eddie spoke as he got into the boat, the wooden item rocking with every slight movement.

"Woah.. this boats a three man boat maximum." Steve spoke as dustin tried to climb in.

"It's better this way, okay? You guys stay here with Max. Keep an eye out for trouble." Nancy spoke giving him a sympathetic smile, steve just gave him a cheeky grin before ruffling his hair.

"You keep an eye out. It's my goddamn theory."The smaller boy spoke with a grimace on his face.

"You heard nance" Steve pointed a finger in his face

"who put her in charge" the curly haired boy exclaimed

"I did" Robin grinned placing her arm around the girl next to her

"Compass" Nancy asked holding her hand out expectingly.

"You said three!" Dustin yelled as Steve got into the boat with the three other teens

"Sorry" he winked before they paddled away

As the blonde girl edged towards the road, her body froze, her movements stopped. she was paralysed. A long finger ran up her back causing shivers to run down her spine.

"Alyssa, Alyssa, Alyssa" the voice spoke mockingly, a silent tear slipping down her pale cheeks as the fingers began to press against her neck, it's sharp nails slipping into her skin making her wince, carmine red blood dripped down her skin. "why did you think you'd get out of this alive..... why did you think you were so much better then everyone else before you" it whispered in her ear, her skin running cold as she tried to move futility.

"there's no way out Alyssa.... you're stuck here for as long as you resist..." it let out the small girl confused with what she was resisting.

"what.... what am I resisting" she cried out, blood trickling down her neck as she attempted to compose herself. freaking out would only make things worse in this scenario so she had to try her best to keep calm.

"you're resisting the truth Alyssa.... you're resisting the consequences of what you've done... of all the suffering you've put everyone through." The creature said, it's long slender fingers digging into the blonde girl stomach. she felt the pain shoot up her bones, the fingers slowly beginning to tear at her skin, ripping gashes into her flesh. a blood bath began to pool around her, her skin covered in a fresh coat of her own blood.

she gently choked out a sob, a feeling of melancholy and sorrow overcoming her as she realised this was how it should end now.

this was how it had to end.