Comrades

AN: not spell checked

    "Hey, Iceman." I say, pulling the plane up next to them. I see Slider waving from the backseat and laugh, waving back.

  "I'm here too!" He says, aggravated.

  "She's to busy being excited to see her boyfriend." Moose says, and they both make gagging noises through the comms.

  I grin, but Iceman just looks embarrassed.
  "Come on, boys, pay attention." He says. "Keep your eyes on the sky: they should be here any minute." 

   We are doing an exercise with a randomly picked wingman, and we have to work together to pick out two bogeys that are trying to shoot us down... and they just happen to be Viper and Jester.

  "Two bogeys on our left, two miles out, coming in hot." Slider says, twisting in his seat.

"Stay in position, Osprey." Iceman says as the jets come increasingly closer, the sun glinting off their noses.

  "Osprey, bank right!" Slider yells, and I agree, pulling to the right and away from Iceman.

  "We've got Viper on our tail!" Moose screams, and I bank back and forth, trying to avoid missile lock.

  "Get him off me, Ice!" I yell, doing a roll to the left.

  "I can't! We have Jester on our tail."

"Crap. Come on, Moose, do some of that RIO shit!"
I exclaim, diving, before doing a roll back to the right.

"I have a plan to save Iceman and Slider, but it will be our asses on the line!" Moose exclaims. "Bank left!"

I grit my teeth, spinning the plane around.

"We have to take out Jester, and hope Iceman can get Viper before we are down!" My RIO says, and I nod, pulling the plane around in a wide arch.

I see Iceman's grey plane twisting right and left as Jester flies behind them.

"I can get him!" I exclaim. "Hold on!" I power turn, putting us in the perfect position for Viper to have us in missile lock. I expect beeping on my dash, but before Viper gets the chance, I yank back out of the turn, pulling behind Jester.

Jester notices me, and pulls out of attack position, trying to invade my Missile Lock. I stay on his tail, pushing him away from our Wingman.

I hear Slider whoop on the Comm and Ice pulls their jet around, moving to pull behind Jester.

"Iceman and Slider are clear!" Moose yells, before exclaiming. "Viper is be—"

A beeping fills the cabin, and I curse, slamming my hand on the dash.
"Damn it!"

"Monarch one is down." Viper's smooth voice comes through the comms, using our Plane's name.

"Jester is down!" Slider's voice remarks, and Moose lets out a breath of relief.