Chapter 22: Bar Hopping

Start from the beginning

Just as I snatch my purse, I saw Colton walking in the door with a wide smile. He looks so handsome. I wish I had met him first before Alex. I would be the happiest girl in this world. Why am I meeting all these beefy creation of God when my heart was already taken?

Why, Lord? I silently asked.

"Ready," he smiled, his eyes held amusement, snapping me out of my trance. Thank God, I didn't shout that out and raise my hands unto heaven as I uttered those two words. That would be embarrassing.

"Sorry. Yeah," I replied, embarrassed. He just chuckled. I know I look a bit stupid there gawking at him.

"Excited for tonight?" Colton asked walking beside me. Smiles plastered all over his face.

"Yes! Actually, this is my first time clubbing here in Spain." I admitted a bit embarrassed. I know I'm 25 and in those years of my existence, I could count on my fingers how many times I've entered a club. I was too engaged in my career and from my mom's passing that I forget to enjoy my life. I guess it's time to enjoy every moment of it.

"Wow! Then, I'm honored to break one of your rules," Colton chuckled with mischief.

"There's no rules, Colton." I playfully glared at him. "I was just too busy, I had no time to enjoy my life. Now, I can." A smile broke out on my lips and that made him burst into a fit of laughter.

"Are you sure?" cocking his eyebrow he shot me a mocking stare, stifling the amusement in his eyes.

I rolled my eyes. "So, you're telling me that my life is boring?" I stop and glared at him but I failed, a smile crept into my face. He suddenly guffawed like a maniac. It's so hard to stay mad at him when he's laughing like that. It's so contagious.

While trying to sober his laughter, he looks at me. "No! I didn't mean that," he hardly said between dying laughter, but there's no conviction in his words.

I just raise my eyebrows and continue walking to the exit door.

"I will make your first bar experience awesome!" he announced haughtily after he sobered, making me snickered.

"Really? And, what is your plan if may I know?" I asked curiously as I cannot hide my smile, I'm already affected with his contagious smiles. He is always jolly.

"It won't be fun if you already know it. You will be expecting to happen and the thrill is gone," his eyes was smiling with mischief. Oh, I'm hoping it's not too scandalous. I wouldn't live at peace every day.

"This doesn't include bedding guys in your "FUN" thing, right?" I rolled my eyes but I really want him to know that I'm not into that and I don't find that fun at all.

"No.. NO.." he disapproved right away waving his hands off dismissing my negative thoughts, his smiling face turned serious.

"I will never allow that. I would love it to be me, though" he said seriously which made me taken aback and looked at him intently.

"I know, it won't happen of course until you say so ..." he grins suggestively.

We reached his BMW and he opened the door for me. As soon as I'm settled in he walk briskly to the driver side and slide in and buckled up. Once were both settled he started the engine. He never failed to make me smile and laughed. I was too comfortable in his company that I didn't notice the Audi A4 pulled in front of us just as we sped and emerge to the busy lane of the road.

*****

ALEX POV

I can't be happier, the turning over was done. The renovation of the building is under constructions and should be done in less than six months. The name is changed.