Chapter 44: Frontline Support

Start from the beginning

The first faction to arrive at the meeting place is the Muish diplomatic team. After the inspection and green signal of both Muish and Gra Valkan inspection groups were relayed following the completion of the safety check on the area, they were escorted by four land cruisers with riveted armor and each armed with the AM-4 Heller heavy machine gun, which is nearly identical to the Madsen machine gun adopted by the Royal Danish Army in 1902, other than it was chambered with the Muish 11x49mm catridge.

Not long after, the Gra Valkan diplomatic team was finally visible on the horizon with five shafer light tanks escorting the diplomatic cars of GVE, increasing the tension and alertness of their Muish counterparts. However, once they finished unloading the diplomats, the escort vehicles of both sides, including the joint inspection team, withdrew from the area. Leaving the diplomats and their escort to negotiate and clarify their positions.

The Gra Valkan side takes the initiative to begin greetings as the head diplomat, Felix Wagner, towards the Muish diplomat, Elden Easton.

"How do you do? I am Felix Wagner, a diplomat of the Gra Valkan Foreign Affairs Eastern Division, Leifor Branch." Then, Felix extended his hand for a handshake with Elden, which surprised him for a moment due to the unexpected politeness of the Gra Valkan diplomat, because all of the meetings of negotiators in the first and second border conflicts of Mu and GVE were rather thorny. However, he quickly got himself together to reach for his hand and replied, "Very well, thank you. I am Elden Easton, diplomat of the Muish foreign affairs office. Please have a seat. "

Then they settled on their predestinated seats to finally begin the talks.

"Sir Elden, pardon me, could I inquire about the intention of Mu?" Felix, without doing some dilly dallying on these talks, immediately asks for the statement of the Muish side about the fleet sortied by Mu in the west. which was responded by the muish diplomat softly. "Yes, you can, Sir Felix."

"Then I'll gladly take the opportunity without reservation to ask what was the intention of Mu in deploying a carrier force in the West?."

As if anticipating this kind of discussion, Elden looked at him in the eyes. He had already been briefed about the ongoing events and possible questions by Gra Valkan diplomats like this and how to answer them. He had also been imparted knowledge about some sensitive and classified information about the Gra Valkan Empire, which greatly increased his anxiety about dealing with this country.

"If you're referring to the western fleet's 6th and 7th carrier squadrons whom are underway on their routine training operations in the west and the familiarization of the next generation aircraft carriers of our Royal Navy, there's nothing to be alarmed about, Sir Felix."

"If that's the case, Sir Elden, are you swearing right in front of us that Mu is doing those training exercise routines, and thus would be understandable and nothing to be alarmed about?"

"Yes."

"Then, why did the people of the border cities and towns of Arou, Mikel, Tolka, and various small towns and villages on the border begun to evacuate? in all places and times? Why are they evacuated? May I ask about that timing? I'm not denying your words, however, it's a little bit suspicious as if Mu is bracing itself on a certain and possible repercussions in the future... Right?. "

Both the escorts of GVE and the Muish diplomatic factions began to tighten their minds. The submachine gun-equipped infantry of the Gra Valkan diplomatic team had the edge here. However, that was negated by the distance of less than 20 meters. The carbine equipped Muish infantry could retaliate and inflict staggering casualties in a relatively point blank range like this. If Elden hadn't handled this question well, these talks would likely turn into a disaster.