"For power? Is that it?" I query.

"That is what I said," She affirms.

Here, I clench my jaw briefly. "I will put a stop to you, Neridah!" I promise her.

"We'll just see about that," She says lowly. "Crystallite Magic: Fire Magic: Flamethrower!" She makes her swords disappear before thrusting her hands toward me. Flames shoot out towards me. I gasp before backflipping, to get away from the incoming attack.

I head towards the auburn haired woman as I point my rapier at an angle. "Valkyrie Sword Magic: Parallel Sting," I say as I reach Neridah. I thrust my rapier towards her.

"Ice Make: Sword," Neridah says. Sue makes a sword out of ice and deflects my attack.

I do a few back hand springs before I launch myself forwards while thrusting my rapier at Neridah. "Valkyrie Sword Magic: Oblique."

"Plasma Magic," Says Neridah as what seems like lightning begins to crackle around me, "Towering Gate, Falling Sky." I scream as I'm hit with a powerful bolt of electricity, not having been able to move in time. It dies down and I slump forwards to brace my hand on my knee.

"What... was that?" I breathe, raising my head to look up at her.

"Plasma Magic," She responds, making it crackle around her fingers. "It's a little different from Lightning Magic, but just as powerful. Speaking of Lightning Magic..." She raises her right hand. "Lightning Magic: Lightning Strike!" I barely manage to jump aside in order to avoid her attack.

Neridah laughs as she fires it again and again and again, but each time I narrowly dodge it.

"She's not letting me get in a hit," I think in realisation. I grunt as I narrowly avoid the next attack.

"Blue Flare!" I widen my eyes when Neridah fires bursts of blue flame at me. I summon my Valkyrie shield to block them, grunting at the impact. "Just give up!" Neridah laughs, continuing to assault my shield with her cold flames. "You're never going to win!"

I keep up my shield the longer she sends fire at me.

It finally dies down and I lower my shield.

"Blast Magic," Says the brown eyed woman, making my eyes widen, "Exploding Crescendo!" I'm blown back by a strong explosion of purple energy, letting out a scream of pain. I tumble across the floor before stopping. Neridah laughs. She fires the same attack and I scream again.

Neridah continues to blast me with the same spell, and she laughs with enjoyment. Finally, she ceases her assault and comes over to me. I grunt as Neridah kicks me to turn me over on my back.

Neridah goes to kick my stomach but I grit my teeth and catch her foot in my hand as I dispel my shield, surprising her. My body hurts from the onslaught of explosions, but I can't give in now.

With a grunt of exertion, I shove Neridah back before getting to my feet. She swings her leg out to me in a kick but I grab that with both hands. With a cry of exertion, I spin around, blocking out the pain in my body, and bring Neridah with me.

Upon finishing the spin, I release the Crystallite user and send her tumbling to the ground.

"I-Impossible," She stutters said she gets up on her knees, glaring at me through her bangs. "You shouldn't be able to move after that and my Plasma Magic attack! How are you still standing?!"

"Because I have a job to do," I say lowly, sword back in hand. "I won't rest until I've defeated you."

"I'll kill you, and your precious friends!" Neridah growls, before her body glows. Her canines begin to elongate and fingers extend into claws.

I stare with shock and horror as her body changes. "Oh, no," I think fearfully. "Could this be the Berserk state Hajime told us about? Not good!"

She finishes changing and I take in her glowing pink eyes and feel her dangerous, killer aura

Neridah seems to meet my gaze and I stare at her as my heart threatens to jump into my throat.

"N-Neridah?" I say tentatively. A low growl is emitted from her.

Then, the newly transformed woman lets out a furious growl before charging towards me with the intent to kill.