"Paisley, it's the middle of the day." he states as I stopped in my tracks. "I have a project to do." I frown, running up the stairs. Of course I pretty much finished the project earlier this morning, I just didn't want to bare sitting with Grayson after I just went on a date with his brother.

Am I a bad person?

My phone buzzes in my pocket and I look at it.

Mak<3 has added you into a group chat with 919-888-11** .

Who could that be?

Mak<3: hey guys, we should go roller skating after school tomorrow!

919-888-11**: fs! you down, paisley?

Me: depends, who is the 919 number?

919-888-11**: Kenyia!

Me: Oh! then im down.

Kenyiaaa: awesome, talk to yall at school.

I really don't want to hang out with them. One thing about me is that saying no is so difficult for me. It always has been, hence what happened last year. But that's all over now. I placed my phone down and laid on the bed that was in the corner of the room, staring at the ceiling.

・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。..・。.・゜✭・.・・。. •

English went by so extremely slow. Ms Jackson was in a mood today and gave like four people detention for talking. When the bell rang, I walked to biology not wanting to be there. I placed my bag on the floor in front of my chair and sat down, taking out my computer and notebook. When I looked up, my eyes met Graysons who was walking towards me. Fortunately for me, he walked past me and sat in his usual seat. I sighed and tried to finish the project in peace.

"Good morning! I want to you get back with your partners and begin making the slide show to present tomorrow." Mr Quinten announces while pressing his hands together. The entire class groaned while moving seats to sit with their partners. I waited for Grayson to come sit with me, but he never did. When I looked back, he was on his phone. He looked lifeless, his face had absolutely no emotion on it. It was kind of scary. I found myself standing up, grabbing my stuff and walking over to him.

"Hey." I say, placing my white computer on the table. Grayson looks up from his phone and stares at me. He looked cute today. He was wearing a white nike hoodie with a flannel on top of it. "Hey, sunny." Grayson whispers and glances down at the computer, which had the slideshow on it. I sat down next to him and began typing. "So, I was thinking that you could present one of your highlight videos." I smile not taking my eyes off my computer. "No." he interjected. "Why not? I thought it would be c-"

"Because I said no, Paisley." he slightly raised his voice and slammed his phone on the table. I flinch at  the sound of the phone against the desk and go quiet. "Okay. I'm sorry." I mumble and begin to go back to writing. "Do you like him?" he asks, not taking his eyes off of his fidgeting hands. My eyebrows furrow, not believing what he just said. "What?" I say trying to figure out where he's going with this. "Bryson, do you like him?" he repeats looking me in the eyes. I frowned at his sad puppy dog eyes.

No.

"Yeah. I like him." I shrugged while still frowning. Grays shoulders dropped and he nodded slowly. "Okay." he gives a slight smile when the bells rings. Quickly, I pack my stuff up and head to the bathroom.

I sat in one of the stalls and ate my lunch until I heard a few girls walk in. "He just ditched you?" one girl with a high voice said. "Yeah! He ditched me for a Jamie's sister." a sweet voice fumed. Amanda. My eyebrows furrowed at the thought of her name. "Oh please, Amanda. God knows Graysons only using her for one thing." A deeper familiar voice groaned. I peaked my one eye through the crack in the stall to see Amanda, Genevieve and.. Makayla?

"You're right. He'll be crawling back to me, like he always does." Amanda rolled her eyes and then they all walked out together. I stood up from the seat, unlocked the door and stared at myself in the mirror.

Is what they're saying true? Is that all he wants to do? Maybe I should really stay away from
him. I frowned.

Now I really didn't want to hang out with Makayla, since she's now friends with those bitches. I hate calling people that word, but it's true! All they do is act bitchy and petty. It's unbelievable. I can't believe my best friend would do that to me.

After my last class my phone began buzzing.

Mak<3: hey guys im at my car. we can all ride together.

Me: okay. be out in a few mins.

Kenyiaaa: kk. see you soon girlies.

I sighed and began walking to the student parking lot. Most every had already left, so finding Makayla was pretty easy. "Hey, Makayla." I say and slightly wave. She runs up to me and gives me a big hug. "Hey babes." she smiles and hands me a wristband. "Here you go." she says, placing the band around my wrist. I scanned it, realizing that she already paid to get in. "Hey girls!" I heard from behind me. I turned around to see Kenyia in all her glory. Her skin glowed and her smile was brighter than the sun.

We all got into the car as Makayla blasted music and rolled out of the parking lot. "Sooo Makayla, how's you and Hottie Hayes?" Kenyia asks, nudging her in the ribs. Makaylas face drops as she looks in the center mirror to look at me. "What do you mean?" I ask, furrowing both of my eyebrows. Kenyia chuckles "You didn't know? Mak here has been texting her ex again!"

"I didn't know that." I say, eyeing Makayla. She frowns.

So that's why she 'doesn't' like Grayson.

"We dated our freshman year." Mak shrugs and pulls into "Round-a-bout skating rink". We all got our roller skates on and we're skating around for a few minutes. They were skating around, more or less. I was still trying to figure out how to.

Until he walked in.