~ Chapter 1 ~

February 1536; London, England

~ Elizabeth ~

The newly cut grass smelled of pollen as the birds hummed in joy, as winter has come to an end. The snow has long gone. The trees have started to gain their beautiful colors once again.

I wrote in my journal as I watched the scenic view from my carriage window. The sun with a hint of shade made perfect conditions for my writing. I always had a fascination of writing my daily life on white pieces of paper in a journal.

I have a quite large collection of private journals I have written in over the years. I sometimes dust of their old pages and enlighten myself in my past.

I careful made sure the ink was dry as I closed my journal and wrapped it in string to secure its pages. I let a deep sigh of breath out as I prepare for what is to come of me in my visit to the English court.

I have lately been preoccupying myself at French court. As my sister Anne withholds the title and crown of Queen consort of England now. I have been traveling far and wide exploring all the different cultures the word has to offer. Sadly, I have been called back to court, for the worse has come for my dear sister.

It appears with time so against her she can't seem to produce a living son. She has delivered the most beautiful daughter, my niece Elizabeth. Who in fact was named after me and the Kings mother. Sadly, though no sons have followed.

I had just received the brightest news that she was baring a child inside her womb. It brought a smile and rain of happiness for my dear sister after her fatal miscarriage. Sadly, God called her child to the heavens above, near days ago.

In her mourning state she has beckoned me to court for comfort. As are father and brother appear to not be visiting Anne out of comfort but rage. Hopefully I can knock sense into the men without upsetting their ego.

" M'i Lady, we are due shortly to arrive at Hampton palace" the driver informed me. I huffed as I leaned back resting my head on the back of my seat.

If I only knew in this moment of time what was to come ahead in my future......

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Hey readers 👋,

Sorry for the short chapter, I just wanted to get a chapter out as soon a as possible. My next chapter will be far longer than this one!

How do you like the book so far ——————>

Is there anything special you would like to happen in the book. (You'll be credited) ————->

Bye for now!!