Chapter 1

Chapter 1

Cai's POV

I was just sitting on my bed staring outside the window looking at the people who walked past by, to be honest i'm pretty disappointed that until now i'm still not adopted... Well I was for about 3 times already but I kept on returning here at the orphanage. Sad story I know. Well for the past 3 times I had been adopted and returned I was still abused... *sigh* anyways. All I had is my journal, my notebook for random stuff, and my piano.

The piano was from some rich person that decided to come here. And saw me playing the old piano down stairs so he bought one and gave it to me.

I stared at the piano for about 1 minute and decided to play it. I got my notebook and flipped through a random page. I settled down on one of my favorite songs to play on my piano which was 'Payphone' by Maroon 5. Then I started to play.

"I'm at a payphone trying to call home

All of my change I spent on you

Where have the times gone, baby it's all wrong

Where are the plans we made for two?

Yeah, I, I know it's hard to remember,

The people we used to be...

It's even harder to picture,

That you're not here next to me.

You say it's too late to make it,

But is it too late to try?

And in our time that you wasted

All of our bridges burned dow-"

I was cutted off by someone knocking on my door "CAI! Come out please! People are here!" Carly called. If you're wondering who Carly is well she is my only friend here at the orphanage, she's aslo the one I told about my past (u know the abusing thing), she's 17 which makes her the eldest.

"And why should I care?" I replied in a annoyed tune "Cuz maybe you could get adopted this time!" she replied "NO! AND YOU CAN'T MAKE ME! YOU KNOW IT MIGHT HAPPEN AGAIN!" I shouted "WHAT MIGHT HAPPEN AGAIN?!?!?!" she asked in a shouting form "YOU KNOW..... The stuff thingy..." I said the last part in my normal and calm voice "Ohhhh......... that thing..... ok... fine whatever it's your choice" then she left. THANK GOD SHE LEFT! After that I continued to sing 'Payphone'.

Louis POV

Me and the lads are going to an orphange to adopt a girl that I saw the other day while I was taking a walk around town. And you might be wondering why... well here:

*4 days ago*

"Simon, please! I really want to adopt a child! Please Uncle Si!" I begged Simon. You see I was taking a morning walk around town when I passed by an orphange and saw a girl looking out her window and I guess she was writing or drawing... Anyhow I though she was cute. And I also wanted a little girl. So I thought of adopting one.

"Louis, I don't think that this is a good idea. Its just maybe you aren't ready." Simon said while crossing his arms "I promise that i'll take care of her! I will! Please Simon!" I begged even more "Fine. Alright, alright. You can adopt a child." after he said that I did a little victory dance, and left Simon's office.

*Present time*

As we entered the orphanage a 16 or 17 year old girl greeted us. "Hello. There my name is Carly. How may I help you?" she smiled sweetly "Umm.... Yes we're here to adopt a child?" she nodded. She introduced us to all of the children, when we thank her and told her that we would come back she stopped us "Wait! There's one more. But she's up stairs in her room. Would you like to see her?" she wondered "Of course!" she leaded us up stairs and stopped infront of the door. "Can you please hold on a sec. I need to inform her that you're coming in. Is that alright with you?" she asked again all 5 of us nodded approvingly. Then she went in the room.

Cai's POV

I was drawing something on my random notebook, when Carly entered my room "May I help you?" I asked not bothering to look at Carly and jsut focuzing on my drawing. "Someone is here to see or adopt you...." she mumbles the last part but I still heard it "Just let them in..." I was shocked of what came of my mouth. Dammit Cai! I looked back at Carly and saw her smiling. Uh-oh..... Not good..

Before I could even speak she left my room. Oh boy...

Carly's POV

I didn't think that Cai would just say yes like that. I mean we would usually argue, but this time we didn't. Its really strange to be honest. This wasn't the old Cai.

Anyways.... I went outside back to the lads "Ok, she said yes. But please try to be nice as possible. She has a terrible past." I explained to them hoping that they would understand. "Of course." I opened the door for them carefully and then they walked in.

Liam's POV

As we entered the room we saw there a girl sitting down on her bed and writing or drawing something on a notebook. "Ummm..... Hi there." I said in a calm and soft voice making sure not to starttle her. She looked at us and closed her notebook, "Hi." she replied then biting her lower lip. She hid her notebook under her pillow and looked back at us. "So, what's your name?" Niall asked trying to get a little closer to her but no to close. "Cai." she replied moving back a little "I'm Li-" "Your Liam, that's Zayn, Harry, Niall, and Louis. I know you guys your One Direction." she cutted me off "So your a fan?" Zayn asked "Well not a huge one. But still a fan" she said crossing her arms.

"Would you like us to adopt you?" Louis said getting staright to the point but still smiling. She just stared at us for a few seconds and replied "Yes".

We quickly went down and started to sign all the papers and stuff. Louis was her legal guardian, meaning me and the rest of the lads are her uncles. "Louis, what's her last name?" Harry asked while Lou was reading her birth certificate. "Its says that her full name is 'Cai Moore' that now will be 'Cai Tomlinson' and her birthdays is on August 4." Louis said while putting all the documents in a brown envelope. "Are you boys done with the papers?" Carly asked "Yep" Niall said happily. "Okie then. Lads I want to remind you that she has a very bad past. Worst than the past of all the children here combined. She's adopted several time but she was returned here for.... um..... well that part she should tell her, herself. She might get mad at me." she explained and we all nodded.

Cai's POV

"Would you like us to adopt you?" Louis asked me "Yes" I replied and nodded and the lads ran out and left. WAIT A FUDGECAKE MINUET! DID I JUST SAY YES?!!?!! Nice going Cai.... really nice... Ugh! NO! STUPID MOUTH! OF ALL THE SIMPLE WORDS THAT YOU CAN RELEASE IT HAS TO BE YES ISN'T IT?! *mentally slaps my self*

I don't wanna be adopted... I'd rather stay here...... I don't want to get hurt.

"CAI! COME DOWN HERE!!!!!" I heard Carly shouted from down stairs. I groaned and went downstairs. "Yes?" I replied looking down at the floor, "Pack your stuff." she replied with a smile on hee face "Umm..... Can you repeat that?" I asked again making sure I heard it correctly "Pack. Your. Stuff." she repeated "I'm already packed" I replied while putting my hands in my pocket "You were gonna runaway weren't you?" she guessed and I just gave her a smile. "Just get your bags" she said while rolling her eyes. I went upstairs grabbed my small suite case, my guitar, and my Jansport backpack.

As I went back down stairs I saw the 5 boys waiting for me. "Ready to go?" Harry asked with a smile, I just nodded.

They took my stuff except for my Jansport bag, because I has precious things in there. "Why don't you say good bye to your friends?" Niall suggested, I ran back inside and hugged Carly "I'm gonna miss you Carls..." I said while tears are rolling down my cheeks. "Me too Cai. Me too." "And I blame my mouth for this!" I said pulling back and she giggled "Your mouth?" ok now she started laughing "If my mouth didn't say 'just let them in' and 'yes' I wouldn't be leaving...." I pouted and she was still laughing. I just stared at her until she stopped "Well.... Kiddo, go with your new family now! Oh! And make sure to visit or text me!" she gave me a small piece of paper. Its has her number "I'll call or text you when I get a cellphone!" I said then went back outside and got in the limo where all the lads are.

 "Excited Cai?" Niall asked "Maybe, maybe not" I replied looking at the window....

On the outside i'm showng no emotion out of me. But in the inside i'm scared.

What if they're like the others? They'll pretend that they love me. But ending up hurting me. Saying bad things about me?