The One With the Waifu ♡ Super Kawaii ♡ Super Love Bot

Start from the beginning

Luckily, Cater didn't notice as he pulled back his poking hand, beamed, and exclaimed, "Hi-i-i-i, Idia!"

Idia blinked. When had Cater arrived at the library? He had been sure that he had only recognized three people upon entering. "I—uh, hi. I didn't see you come in."

Cater gestured behind him, where there were three private rooms set up. Each of the walls facing the library were made of glass. Idia wondered how he possibly could have missed those. "The Pop Music club's regular spot's occupied today so Crowley said we could use one of the library rooms here for our meeting." He furrowed his eyebrows. "What're you doing in here though? Shouldn't you be, like, working on some fancy technology stuff in your dorm?"

"Oh, um, Ignihyde's power and internet went out." Idia sank lower in his chair despairingly.

"Oof, major bummer—you guys've basically been relegated to the Stone Age, huh?" Cater looked behind him, where Idia saw that Lilia and Kalim were in one of the private rooms, motioning for Cater to rejoin their club meeting. "Oops, gotta run! T-T-Y-L!" As he left, he whisper-shouted (they were in a library, after all), "Also, follow me on MagiCam!"

Huh? Hadn't Idia already done that? He plugged a charger into the computer's USB port and powered on his tablet. Ever since Idia had redownloaded MagiCam, he'd checked his feed once a day, taking care to double-tap any new photos of Cater that appeared—which they always did. And now Cater was saying that he didn't even follow him?

As Idia went through his feed in confusion, Ortho hovered over to him and laughed at the photo that Idia had just scrolled past. "Wow, Cater really looked different back in freshman year with his braces on."

Even more confused now, Idia scrolled back to the picture that Ortho was referring to. He did a double-take. "Freshman year? MagiCam says that this was posted two hours ago."

"Hm?" Ortho looked perplexed. "That can't be—I remember Cater only had braces for one year. Let me see that." Taking Idia's phone, Ortho looked back at the account that had posted the image. "'Caterdiamond18,'" he read. As he continued to survey the screen, his eyes lit up. "Look at what it says in the 'About Me' section: 'Fan account run by 123kalim_al-asim456.'"

"Wait, I've been following a fan account for the past few weeks?" sputtered Idia. Then he made a face. "Cater has fans?"

Ortho looked thoughtful for a moment before snapping his fingers. "Oh, I remember. There was a rumor going around in the beginning of the semester that the other members of the Pop Music club lost a bet to Cater, and his punishment was that they had to make and maintain fan accounts of him. It looks as if the rumor was true."

Idia let out the breath he had been holding before he jolted in realization. "Then what's Cater's actual account?" He took the tablet back from Ortho and typed "Cater Diamond" in the MagiCam search bar. Initially, he had picked the first name that appeared in the results, but this time he considered the others that came up. "Maybe he's 'C8R<>69420?' Oh, wait, actually, that one says it's run by xXLILIA____VANROUGEXx."

"Maybe that one?" Ortho pointed at the screen. "'Itscaycay?' The profile picture has the same hairstyle Cater had his hair in last week."

The account certainly looked as if it could belong to Cater, for the stats showed that it had 3,892 posts, followed 8,040 people, and was followed by 10,933 people. Apart from confirming with Cater directly, the only way to check if this actually was his account was to see the most recent posts. However, the account was set to private, so Idia quickly requested to follow.