The Cater Diamond Bot

Ortho didn't appreciate it when other people called his brother names. Most of the students at NRC were relatively harmless, and even when they referred to Idia as anything less than his name or "housewarden," their words never had any malicious intent.

To be perfectly honest, most of them probably considered their comments on Idia to be "observations" rather than "insults." But to Ortho, hearing people say "Man, that Ignihyde housewarden is such an oddball" and "Yeah, I hear he's a total shut-in. I mean, you gotta be sorta strange to be in that dorm, anyway, but come on, Vil says he only shows up for housewarden meetings through his tablet" always hurt.

He'd heard it all: oddball, shut-in, geek, nerd, freak. But for once, Ortho found himself echoing one particular strain of name-calling when he'd come to the conclusion that for the past week or two, Idia was acting like a total weirdo. To be more specific, a total weirdo about Cater Diamond.

First of all, Ortho couldn't believe that his brother had made a map depicting all of Cater's usual haunts in an attempt to avoid him.

Then, three days ago, Ortho had come back from a voluntary shift at Mostro Lounge to find Idia picking at a slab of focaccia bread that he said that Cater had brought over.

And then there was yesterday.

Ortho liked to wander around campus, operating under the delusion that his presence in the NRC social circle would make up for his brother's lack of it. When he arrived from a particularly long stint in the library chatting up Yuu, Ace, and Deuce, he had found Idia slouched at his computer. There was no surprise there. One glance at the darkened screen showed that his brother was probably conversing with his Discord buddies. Ortho hovered over to him, intent on relaying an account of his day and his conversations with the other students.

He stopped short, however, when he looked at Idia's holoscreen monitor and noticed that, judging from the collection of bots that cluttered the "online" column of Discord's UI, Idia was on his private server, where he cultivated his army of bots and custom emotes. It wasn't this that made Ortho stop short, though, for Idia was always fiddling around in Discord's developer mode. The real surprise was that there, in the "online" section of Idia's server, was a user called "Cater Diamond."

For a split second, Ortho could feel his excitement go into overdrive; had his brother finally made a friend who he also knew in-person (not that online exclusive friends weren't amazing, but still)? Said excitement fizzled into sleep mode when he noticed that next to the name "Cater Diamond," there was a bright blue box that said "BOT."

Wait—what? Why did his brother have a Cater Diamond Bot?

Ortho could feel his eyes narrow as he watched his brother work. What in Twisted Wonderland was he doing?

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

shroudedinidiocy Today at 2:13 PM
c!practice

Cater Diamond✓ Verified Bot] Today at 2:13 PM
Magicam is fun! Tag me next time, 'kay?

Bot Commands: Type c!practice to continue this conversation or c!new to start a new practice conversation topic.

shroudedinidiocy Today at 2:13 PM
c!new

Cater Diamond [ Verified Bot] Today at 2:14 PM
Hi @shroudedinidiocy!
What's up!
Let me show you my favorite photo op spots!

Bot Commands: Type c!practice to continue this conversation or c!new to start a new practice conversation topic.

shroudedinidiocy Today at 2:14 PM
c!practice
ok sounds good lead the way