The sun was just starting to go down when I woke up which made me smile.

I brought something with me that I wasn't supposed to. Nia was a bad influence but her influence stuck.

I still had something she gave me. She gave it to me right before we stopped talking.

It was the pen thing that gets you high. I don't really know how it works but I know how to press a button.

I liked being high with Nia and she would always say it made her feel better when she was mad or sad. I need a little pick me up, so why not?

I got the two pieces from the small pocket of my suitcase and left the room. Everyone was too busy trying to ignore someone else to even notice me leaving.

I walked down the stairs on the side of our house down to the beach. There was some rocks and trees and would cover me from the house.

If I couldn't see them, they probably can't see me. The sun is going down and I'm behind trees, they wouldn't be able to see me anyway.

I laid down in the sand and looked up. The sky was so pretty right now, it was orange and pink.

I screwed the top part onto the bottom part and tested it once. I smiled when smirk came out of my mouth.

It doesn't even leave a smell so there's no way I could get caught.

It only took me about four hits to get high. The sky was funny.

It reminded me of Nia. I miss her. I should text her.

Sure, I beat her ass but so what? It's not that big of a deal, couples fight.

I don't know how to make her feel better about the situation, maybe I could give her a gift. I don't know what to get her because I don't really know how relationships works.

I bet she would come back to me if I got her a bottle of vodka.

Unfortunately, I'm underage and I don't know where else to get alcohol. I'm not dumb enough to steal anything from my mama, I don't want to die this young.

Maybe my dad. He's a dumbass, he would probably just give it to me if I asked him for one.

I didn't even mean to call him a dumbass, my mama says it so much that it rubbed off on me.

"Blue! Blue!"

Shit. I quickly slid up up my shirt and under my bra. That's the best hiding spot.

"What?!"

She found me and stood in front of me wind her hands on her hips. She was blocking the sky which made me sad.

"Blue Ivy Knowles-Carter."

"You know you only added the Carter to my last name because it's yours." I laughed, she's so funny.

"Are you high?"

"How would I be high Aaliyah? More importantly, why would I be high Aaliyah? What would posses me to get high on vacation just a coupes feet away from where my mother is staying?"

My aunt Kelly taught me this. You have to make them feel dumb for even asking you the question and you have to make it seem like it would be impossible for you to even do something like what you did.

"Bitch I'm looking at you. Do I look fucking dumb to you?"

"A little." I laughed again and pulled her down into the sand with me.

"Where did you even get weed? On the islands, you can find weed everywhere."

"It's not weed, dumbass. I got a pen from Nia."