That shit was disgusting. I went to go sit down on the grass next to the fire pit, taking in the heat. Someone sat next to me, it was a dark haired boy who had freckles and blue eyes. "You're Paisley, right?" he asked in a soft tone. I smiled, scanning his freckled face. "That's me." I admit, staring at my twiddling hands.

"I'm Bryson." he pauses as he turned around to look at someone. "You wanna get out of here? Maybe go to the diner or something?" he smiled and placed his hand on my shoulder. My eyes look at his hand, "Sure." I agreed as we walked out of the backyard gates to his white car.

He opened the door for me and I thanked him as he strutted to the other side of the car. He peeled away from the clutter of cars and started driving down the street. "Are you on the baseball team too?" I questioned, raising an eyebrow at the fit boy next to me. He shook his head "God no." he paused "I play soccer." he shrugged as he kept his blue eyes on the road infront of him. I chuckled "What about you? You okay any sports?"

"Nah. Sports aren't really my thing. What position do you play?" I quizzed as a smile curled on his lips. "I'm a forward." he answers, glancing over at me then back at the road. "Forward. That's the one position that usually makes all the goals, right?"

"Yup. I play at Duke University." He mentioned and my eyes widened. "You're in college?" it was a question, but came out as more of a statement. He nodded and I reciprocated the nod. We pulled into the parking lot and both walked in together. "Hey darling!" Bethany, the waitress shouts from behind the register. I smile and wave at her as me and Bryson go to sit down.

"So, have you committed to any colleges yet?" he asked me while getting comfortable on the other side of the table. "No, but I do have two full-ride academic scholarships to Baylor University and NC state." I replied, keeping my eyes on the table. "Thats awesome! I heard great things about both of the schools." he gleamed as I shrugged.

We sat and talked for a little bit until my phone lit up.

Jamie: Graysons asking for you.

Me: I'll b home in 15.

"Sorry for such the short notice, but can you drive me home.. I need to talk to someone." I mumbled the last part. "Grayson?" he asked as we both stood up. I looked at him dumbfounded, "Was it really that obvious? How do you know him?" I frowned, putting my white phone in my pocket.

"Not really, I saw the way y'all were looking at each other earlier.. and well he's my brother." he shrugged and scratched the back of his neck. I stopped in my tracks, "You guys are brothers! You look nothing a like." I say with my jaw on he ground. Bryson laughed and thats when I saw it. Grayson and him had the same bright smile. "Yeah well, half brothers. He doesn't really see me as one." he frowns as he opens the door for me again. "That's unfortunate. You seem like a good person." I smiled at him as I placed my left arm on the little storage thing between the driver and passenger seat.

what is that thing called? whatever.

We pulled up to the house to see at least half of the cars gone. "Thank you, I had fun." I smiled and placed a kiss on his cheek. His eyes widen and a grin appeared on his clean shaven face. "Goodnight, Paisley. We'll talk soon." he says as I'm climbing out of his car. As he drives off I wave at him. What a sweet guy. Jamie meets me at the driveway, "Pais, it's bad." Jamie muttered and he grabbed my wrist. He pulled me into the house where Grayson was there, drinking from a tequila bottle.

"I don't drink, my ass." I mumbled under my breath. I looked around the kitchen to see two bottles on the floor, smashed. "Grayson." I say sternly, he pulls the bottle away from his lips and turns to look at me. My eyes direct to his bloody knuckles, I rush over to him and grab his hands. "What the hell happened?" I shout at him but he doesn't answer. "Jesus christ, Gray."

I grip onto his forearm and pull him upstairs into the bathroom connected to my room. "Sit." I command and he sits on the toilet lid. "Did he do anything to you?" he slurred, looking up at my face with worried eyes. My eyebrows furrowed, "What? No. We went to the diner." I replied as I grabbed a bandage from the top drawer. Gently, I cleaned his wound and put the bandage on. "I'm sorry I've been acting like a jackass." he whispers and looks down at the tiled floor. He's absolutely hammered. I place both of my hands on his shoulders. "Go to sleep, okay?" I smiled and helped him over to the bed.

"Nono, I'll sleep on the floor." He yawned trying to lay down on the carpet. "Get your ass on the bed." I groaned trying to pull him upright. "Sorry. Mom." he teased and I rolled my eyes. Grayson laid limp on the pink comforter on the bed. I walked away to go get dressed in a pair of shorts and a hoodie. "Paisleeyyyyy" Grayson shouted from the other room. I walked out of the closet with a blanket and placed it on the floor. "What're you doing?" he asked, leaning his head over the side of the bed. "Going to sleep?" I replied, looking up at his eyes that were boring in mine.

"There's enough room up here." he disclosed giving me a small smile. "I'm good down here." He frowns and gives me puppy dog eyes. I rolled my eyes and stood up, climbing into the bed. Trying to stay as far away from him as possible. I cannot have people thinking something happened, when it didn't.

Next thing I know, I'm sleeping. With Grayson Hayes.

・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。..・。.・゜✭・.・・。. •

Aaggghhh I love them so much.

word count: 1716