The North Pole was the home of her Paternal Grandfather, her father's father. Before he passed away when she was a little girl, her Paternal grandfather and her maternal grandmother would tell stories about their respective water tribes. Zeraphina had already seen the Southern Water Tribe, but she was even more excited to see the Northern Water Tribe. 

Her Grandfather always spoke about the beautiful wall that protected the tribe. The wonderful buildings and the incredible waterbenders of the tribe. He described the tribe in only a few words, "Strong, but ignorant". It always made her laugh when he described how waterbending was only practiced by the men of the village, while women were only allowed to waterbend in order to heal injuries and illnesses.

Zeraphina smiled as the sun set on the horizon, their ship docking off the coast for a time until morning. She looked down at her hand and saw the stone that once belonged to her paternal grandfather, a special little keepsake that her grandfather gave her when she was still a little girl, right on his deathbed.

"One day, this will help you, my little burning flame." Those were the last words he ever spoke to her before he passed away holding her hand. It was not a happy memory to recall, but it was good to have the image of her grandfather in her mind again. Perhaps it was because they were getting closer to the North that the memory of her grandfather has been coming back.

"Zera." The young prince called out to her as the sun began to set, "What are you doing out here? It's freezing."

"You know as well as I do, My Prince that the cold has no effect on me. So there is no need to worry about my health." Zeraphina smiled as he stood next to her.

"You're always one to think about others than yourself." Zuko said, "Why are you out here all alone anyway? Normally, you're inside getting ready for bed."

Zeraphina chuckled, "Yeah, you're right about that. But we're getting closer to the North. I guess I'm just a little nervous."

"Nervous? The great DragonBorn is nervous about being the North?" Zuko gave off a rare chuckle, "Never thought I would see the day."

"Well, there's gotta be at least one surprising thing in the world, right?" Zeraphina sighed. Zuko looked down at her hands and saw the familiar pendant that she showed him all those years ago in the Fire Nation.

"You still carry that thing?" He asked.

"Of course I do. It belonged to my paternal grandfather. Besides, it helps me feel calm when I'm on the waters in cold temperatures."

"Are you sure that it's not because we're getting closer to the Northern Water Tribe?" Zuko pointed out, "After all, it is the place where your grandfather was born and raised."

"I'll admit, it is bringing a lot of conflicting feelings." Zeraphina admitted, "I mean, I've lived in the Fire Nation for most of my life, but I haven't seen any part of my family's home lands."

Zeraphina was only half lying when it came to her family's lands. She did visit her maternal grandmother's village, the Southern Water Tribe, and she had been living in the Fire Nation. The land where her maternal grandfather was from. Coming so close to the South would only complete three-fourths of her family's homelands. 

Zeraphina yawned as the sun had finally set and the sky turned dark once more.

"Well then, we both should be getting to bed and rest for the night. We have to start early if we want to catch the Avatar as soon as possible. Goodnight, My Prince." She said and began to walk off, but was stopped by a wavering hand grabbing her wrist. She turned and saw Zuko with a worried expression on his face. 

Zeraphina was surprised, as it was rare for Zuko to show any sign of worry in his eyes, especially looking at someone else with those expressions.

For a moment, Zeraphina thought that she had seen the kind boy she knew from all those years ago. But with the blink of her eye, he faded away and the tragic prince appeared once again. She smiled and nodded before Zuko slowly let her go.