36 Dollars and a beer

Sevastian's pov:

"Mom and dad wanted to kill you," spencer laughed, clumsily leaning over towards me as he gripped his stomache. "You remember what they said when they saw him walking up sebby, " the excited 17 year old turned toward my twin, who wore a noticeable grin, despite his efforts to hide it. "They said-"

"Matt stop," I yelled at our driver, starring at the girl that stood on the other side of the street. Hazel eyes filled with tears drew me in and my breath caught as I studied her. The oversized shirt she wore stopped me from seeing most of her body, but I still wanted to capture every inch that I could.

"Spence, take a picture of her and find out where she lives." There a silence, then a snapping sound as he got the picture. "You said you'd let her go, maybe you should consid-" he stopped short as I turned towards him with a cold glare. Relenting, he have matt the address and turned away as the limo jerked into motion.

The car had bear ly stopped when I hopped out, coming face to face with a woman who was about to enter the house. "Angela," I called, flashing her a warm smile as I looked into her eyes. Gambling. Hate. Envy. "Could I buy your daughter."

"Ain't got one," she slurred, turning with red high heel in hand to stumble into the two story house a few steps away. "30 dollars," I lowballed, hoping to get her attention. It worked. "40 dollars." Was her counter.

"36 dollars and a beer," I offered, half expecting her to refuse. She didn't. Spence appeared from behind me a few moments later with exactly 36 dollars and a war bud light, and she let us into the house. "Can one of you pack her bags?" She asked, using her teeth to open the beer.

I nodded at Matt who went upstairs to her room. When I heard a floor board creak I turned to see Annabel in the door way, red cheeked and teary eyed. How will her mother explain this? I pondered, watching the pair exchange looks.

Annabel, this nice man came here to buy you. There was a second where no one moved, and it was clear Annabel wanted to see if her step mom was serious. When she did, her labored breaths became more shallow and pronounced, almost like someone gasping for air.

"She's breathing too fast," Sebastian observed, his voice shattering the silence in my head. "She's going to faint, catch her." He nodded discreetly, and moved behind her. She didn't seem to notice and before she fainted I saw a look flash through her eyes. Was it... relief? I promised to ask about it later and helped carry her to the car.

"Where to?" Matt called from the back, slamming the truck now full of clothes. "Home," Spence responded as matt got into the driver's seat and started the engine.