Chapter 6

One night, Violet was walking through the castle. Ever since she was little whenever it got close to Halloween, Violet would get nightmares of the night her parents died. Especially on Halloween. Whenever she did have nightmares, she would get herself some tea from the kitchen. By now, all of the staff members, including Mr. Filch, knew this and she never got in trouble for it.

As Violet was walking down a corridor, she heard voices and four people turned a corner. They were a couple of first years. And not just any first years. Standing before her was her brother, Harry, and three other Gryffindors. Two other boys and a girl. One of them had red hair, their robe looked worn down, and they had quite the resemblance to Fred and George. So, Violet assumed he was their younger brother, Ron. She didn't know who the other two were.

"What are you four doing out of bed?" Violet questioned them.

"We could ask you the same question." Ron countered back.

"I guess I see your brothers have rubbed off on you." Violet said. "I would expect this from them." Ron didn't say anything.

Just then, they heard the voice of Mr. Filch and the meowing of Mrs. Norris.

"We all need to get out of here before we're all caught." The girl said, desperately.

"Go." Violet said. "I'll distract him."

"Won't you get caught and in trouble for being out of bed?" Harry asked.

"I kind of get special permission that allows me to be out of bed at night without getting in trouble." Violet explained. They all nodded.

As Violet left the first years, she heard them talking about her.

"Who is that?" She heard a different voice ask. She knew it wasn't Harry, Ron, or the girl. So, she guessed that it was third boy that she didn't know.

"Violet Dumbledore." Ron answered.

"Dumbledore?" Harry asked.

"She's his granddaughter." Ron continued.

"No wonder she gets special treatment." The girl said.

"How does she know you?" Harry asked.

"She's friends with Fred and George." Ron replied.

As Violet turned the corner, she saw Filch and Mrs. Norris a little ways down the corridor.

Filch noticed her. "Oh, Ms. Dumbledore." He said. "It's just you."

"I apologize if I startled you, Mr. Filch." Violet said. "I was going to get some tea from the kitchen."

"Get your tea and get back to your dorm." Filch said.

"Will do." Violet said, before walking off. She hoped, for their sake, the first year Gryffindors were gone. She went to the kitchen. The house elves made her peppermint tea and she headed back to her dorm.