Miss Flora Reinhold and the Dinner Disaster

"And you're quite certain you don't need any help in the kitchen?"

Emiliana Perfetti couldn't help but blankly stare at the sight of Layton's eldest daughter, Flora Reinhold carrying a massive tray of green bean casserole in one hand, and a massive tray of scalloped potatoes in the other hand as she asked this question. Flora quickly turned to face her, nearly dropping one of the trays in the process.

"No need to worry, Liana! I've got everything under control! Just need to put these two in the oven right now, is all. You can decorate the dining room if you're looking for something to do!"

If Liana had learned anything in her time at Scotland Yard, it's that if someone says they have everything under control, nine times out of ten they usually don't have everything under control.

"Fine. Just let me know if anything goes wrong."

"Will do!"

Flora went back to putting the two trays into the oven as Liana walked out of the kitchen and into the dining room. She found it quite nice of the criminal analyst to decide to help out a little, even though she only came to drop off a gift for Katrielle for the gift exchange later. Though, she did find it odd that she was so concerned about what she was doing in the kitchen. She's improved quite a lot on her cooking skills over the years, her father even said so. Hell, she's even an exceptional baker!

.... Granted, she has never cooked many things all at once before. She's only cooked things one at a time. But that won't stop Miss Flora Reinhold! She's going to make sure this would be the best dinner she's ever made.

"Oh! Almost forgot the turkey!"

She quickly made her way to the kitchen counter where she had left the turkey. The stuffing was in a bowl right next to it, ready to go inside the turkey. She carefully read the instructions over as she began to stuff fistfuls of breading into the turkey and hummed a cheerful tune to herself. Once she finished stuffing the turkey, she lifted it off the counter and began making her way towards the oven.

Ding dong!

"Oh! Come in!"

As she kept slowly making her way to the oven and being careful not to drop the turkey, the door opened, revealing it to be her neighbor, Paul (formerly known as Don Paolo) with a box full of presents for the Layton family.

"Hello Flora! Hope you don't mind if I drop a few things off real quick!"

"Ah, good afternoon Paul! I don't mind at all! Please, come in!"

It didn't take Flora too long to realize the old man was carrying way more than he should have. So, she quickly set down the turkey and rushed over to his aid.

"Oh, you don't have to do that! I'm alright!"

"Nonsense! I insist! You'll hurt your back if you carry all this by yourself!"

With the power of teamwork, the two carried the box of presents into the living room, which was not too far from where Liana was. The box was gently set down next to Liana's gift to Kat and Flora's gifts to everyone else coming to her house for dinner.

"I appreciate your help, Flora. I can certainly tell Layton raised you right."

"It's no problem at all! I wasn't going to let you carry that heavy box all on your own!"

"Speaking of help; is there anything I can do around here? Preparing for a family dinner seems like an awful lot of work for just one person."

"Oh, I don't need any help in the kitchen! I'm perfectly fine in there! But... if you would like to, you can help Miss Emiliana over there. She's currently decorating the dining room."