𝟓» ᴛʜᴇ ʀᴀᴠᴇɴ ᴀɴᴅ ʜɪs ᴄʀᴏᴡ

"Shot through the heartAnd you're to blameDarlin', you give love a bad name

And you're to blame
Darlin', you give love a bad name."

-You Give Love a Bad Name//Bon Jovi

IT WAS ALMOST IRONIC HOW FEMININE MY ROOM LOOKED

IT WAS ALMOST IRONIC HOW FEMININE MY ROOM LOOKED. Four sunlit white walls bathed in a heavenly glow, encompassing arguably every shade of peach, blue and baby green. A striking variance to the dull greys that actually encompassed my world, the colour in the room was comforting. It helped me cling to whatever little bit of innocence I had left in me.

There were plushies and soft toys, shit loads of them. An entire shelf of vinyl and records.

This was home. My safe place. Yet it did nothing to subside my anxiety today. And neither did this ugly piece of red fabric I wore.

Elena laid face down on the mattress, going on about how Stefan hadn't called her in the last four days. I'd zoned out a long time ago, focused instead on my grimacing reflection.

"I don't think I should wear this," I spun around to face her, adjusting the dotted bow knot of my bikini top.

She lifted her face, taking a brief look at me-at my chest and shook her head, cheeks turning adorably red. "No. No. You look beautiful."

"Do I?" I pulled a face, checking my appearance in the mirror.

Gingerly, I ran my fingers over the finger-sized scar on my ribcage, just under the curve of my left breast. Guess you couldn't call it a scar. It was more of a light-coloured birthmark, a nasty one at that.

"Caroline made it very clear that today's car wash is all about sexy and this," I pointed to the mark forever scarring my skin. "Is so not sexy."

"You're kidding right?" She sat upright, giving me the 'don't even try' look. "Scars are as sexy as it gets. What if you were a samurai in the last life?"

I rolled my eyes at the excitement in her tone. "Easy for you to say when you have the body of a Greek goddess."

Lena blushed furiously, moving back the strands of hair sticking to the side of her face. She placed her hands on her hips, sitting back on her heels. "Doesn't mean I don't have flaws, okay? And to be honest, the tattoo and the birthmark only add to your badassery."