Chapter 23

The raven haired male narrowed his eyes. "What are you talking about?" Although he did not raise his voice, he did not have to. He asked so lowly and dark that by the tone of his voice, the hairs of your neck rose is a bit of fear.

There was a glare on your eyes as you rubbed your wrist, if it was another person a bruise would for sure show but by now, the marks of his fingers were disappearing from your wrists. Although the marks were leaning, that did not mean that there was pain, which was starting to fade away. "Look, I know my father has caused many problems, not only to you but to others as well." There was a warm feeling on your chest, and it sure wasn't because you felt some kind of charm. Oh no, far from it. Anger, that anger that you had been suppressing was starting to resurface and your blood was boiling. "Unfortunately for you, using me won't solve that issue." Taking a deep breath, you shook your head. "I too am targeted not by my father of course, but by his boss."

He hesitated as he looked at the ground deep in concentration. "So that's why you're here?" He finally asked in a growl realizing that the ticket to his freedom   has long expired. 

Looking at him, you had to soften your gaze. Your father is part of some changes in the lives of some people, and these changes are not good ones. "Apologizing won't solve anything, nor will you solve anything by taking me with you. I am not exactly the best person to say since I am practically your enemy but lay low for now." A certain someone crossed your mind and this time you felt guilt in your gut. Ven, that male saved your life without even knowing you, and even when his brother opposed that action. "I probably don't have to tell you, but please look out if Ven, he can be easy to take advantage and my father and others won't hesitate in doing so."

The raven haired male remained rooted on that same spot just watching you. Upon staring back at him, your guilt told you to do something else but what else could you really do? Sighing, you turned around and walked away. As you entered the restaurant, your eyes trailed to Vanitas who had his eyes to where you were. At the end, he just walked away.

"Hey, what was his problem?" Tidus asked as the group stood in front of you with worried expressions.

 Taking a deep breath, you raised your hands to make them calm down when they began to ask questions. "I'm fine guys....But I'll tell you everything when work is done, people are waiting!" You pushed your way through the small group  of friends and got to work.

There was not much time before the day of work came to an end. For a moment, you were hoping that the guys would forget but alas, they did not. Once you made your way to the exit, they followed. The other employees started their shift so there was no need for the others to stay. 

"Hey, hold on!" Shuyin exclaimed knowing that you were trying to evade the explanation that you promised.

Stopping in your tacks, you sighed. In no time they stood in front of you with narrowed eyes and some even crossed their arms across their chests to emphasize that they were not happy. "I know, I know." Looking around, you motioned with your hand as you resumed your walk. "Better if we discuss this somewhere else." To the way back to your home was quieter than expected, and soon all of you guys were huddled together their eyes were glued on your form and that was enough to let you know that they would not let the matter be undisbursed. Your lips were forming a straight line, something that was done unconsciously. The floor was the item receiving a glare, not of anger but that of concentration. After a minute of thinking, a long sigh exited your lips. At the end your eyes trailed back to the males. "What...I am about to tell you guys is...not an easy thing to tell you."