Chapter 17

⋅

⋅.˳˳.⋅ॱ˙˙ॱ⋅.˳˳.⋅ॱ˙˙ॱᐧ.˳˳.⋅

The dance started, and he gave a slow spin before offering his hand as the dance indicated.

She copied his movements giving a spin and putting her hand in his. She curtsied and spinned into his arms, ending with her chest on her back, Conrad grabbed her waist, as they looked at each other their noses almost touching. They spinned in place once more before he turned her face to face and grabbed one of her hands.

They kept dancing while looking at each other, a million things rushing through their minds. He twirled her before they started a normal waltz, he nudged his nose with hers as his moth ghosted the words that she so wanted to here inches away from her lips.

"I love you" he kept repeating while they followed the rhythm of the violines. They couldn't stop looking at each other and Love didn't wanted to.

He kneeled as she walked around him, her hand in his, and as she stood in front of him, he put his hand in her waist and reclined her in the air, holding her as she was the most precious thing he had ever out his hands on.

Everyone clapped around them as he pulled her up and they kept looking at each other so close they could feel each other's hearts thumping behind their chest.

"You are the love of my life, too. And as selfish as it sounds I'm not going to stop fighting for you and telling you that I'm sorry for ruining one of the best things in my life" he said looking deeply into her eyes, and she could tell that he meant every word, she was about to say something when a teary Jeremiah entered her vision.

"Hey" he turned the boy on her arms "Conrad, we need to talk, all right? It's important. It's about mom. I found something out"

And Love knew what he had just discovered.

"Um...yeah. We'll-We'll talk about this later, okay?"

"No, it's important!"

"It's okay" Conrad tapped Jeremiah's chest and realization came to the younger Fisher.

"You already know, don't you? You know this whole fucking time and you didn't tell me?!" His voice got louder.

"Jere..." Conrad tried to calm him down but he did the opposite cause out of nowhere Jeremiah punched Conrad right in the face.

Love gasped and jumped in her place, as Jeremiah went to hit Conrad again. They started rolling int the floor. Conrad trying to stop him as Jeremiah kept trying to punch him.

Susannah ran towards them holding her dress with a panicked expression "Stop it, both of you!"

They finally let go of each other and Conrad sat on the floor as Jeremiah stood up smuggly.

"What is going on?" Susannah questioned. Conrad stood up and they both neared her stopping in front of her.

"We know, mom"'Conrad said after some seconds of silence. "We both know"

"Know what?" Belly asked from her place looking between Laurel and Susannah.

⋅.˳˳.⋅ॱ˙˙ॱ⋅.˳˳.⋅ॱ˙˙ॱᐧ.˳˳.⋅

Conrad had texted her to meet at the beach the day later. So as she arrived to the beach and saw him sitting in the sand with his knees pulled to his chest she sat besides him silently.

"She's getting the chemio" he muttered his chin resting in the top of his knees.

"Conrad-"

"No, I don't want this to be about me anymore" he stood up offering her a hand which she took and stood in front of him. "I know I made a lot of mistakes, but I promise with everything I have, to do better, to be the love you deserve"

"The problem is Conrad, that I don't know if I can trust you anymore" Love's voice involuntarily broke.

"Give me a chance, to prove to you that you can, that you are the one for me and that I'm not leaving, not now and not ever" he pleaded.

"Cleveland told me that you can love a lot of people at once but you can't be in love with more than one, I chose you Love, you are the one I'm in love with, you always have been" he took her hands like he has done countless of times, electricity going through her fingertips making her heart beat faster. "And I you had read the message completely, you would have seen the same thing that I'm telling you now"

She went silent for some time thinking everything over. He had some major mistakes he needed to make up for, and he needed to get back her trust, and still she didn't know if it would be the same. But as she looked into his honest and decisive eyes she knew everything would be okay.

"One chance, that's all Conrad, no more, you fuck this up one more time and we are done" She said seriously but a small grew when she saw Conrad's eyes lighting in happiness.

"Of course, yeah" he smiled and brought her into a hug spinning with her in his arms her giggles in his ear, he put her down and cupped her face gently and noticing that the shine was back, dimmer than before but there "I love you so much"

And as they kissed in Cousin's beach, the sea as their witness, they realized everything would be okay, because together they could defeat the highest of waves.

Or that was what Conrad Fisher had wished happened, instead of watching the love of his life dancing away with other boy, and there was no one other to blame but himself.

He had threw all of it away, for a simple insecurity, for a simple confusing feeling, something that was not worth it at the end.

And now as he watched the beautiful brunette that was once his, his heart broke in millions of pieces but there was nothing he could do about it nothing but watch.

⋅.˳˳.⋅ॱ˙˙ॱ⋅.˳˳.⋅ॱ˙˙ॱᐧ.˳˳.⋅

She speaks!I swear to god if one of you judges my girl you'll catch these hands

She speaks!
I swear to god if one of you judges my girl you'll catch these hands.
This was such a good experience I love this book l, it's one of my babies but all good things must come to an end.
Fortunately for you I'll be seeing you when season 2 drops
Xoxo