Chapter 9

⋅

⋅.˳˳.⋅ॱ˙˙ॱ⋅.˳˳.⋅ॱ˙˙ॱᐧ.˳˳.⋅

It was finally Fourth of July the long awaited celebration. The only thing was that her family didn't celebrate it. With his father almost never home and her mother being a born and raised Mexican, they never celebrated it.

So this was a first for Love.

She was watching Conrad clean some clamps outside. She mainly watched his veiny hands handle the clamps.

"You should clean clamps more" Love said as she sat besides him on a towel to avoid getting sand on her pink dress. He laughed at her comment seeing her eyes completely immersed in his hands.

"For you, I will" he said it with a smirk. She bit her lip and kissed his cheek.

"Mr. Fisher, I hastily need your answer for my ball invitation, young man" she said with a fake British accent.

"I remember telling you I'll think about it, madam" he copied her accent and smiled at her.

"But there is no time, good sir, the practice will start in the morrow" she said and both of them laughed. "Pleasee, do it for me"

"Fine" he sighed but a small smile pulled at his lips.

"Really?"

"No" she smacked him in the back of the head "ow! I was joking, I'll go with you"

"You look happier today" she noticed after some minutes of silence.

"Why wouldn't I be happy? It's 4th of July, I have my family, you, everything is perfect" he gave her a short kiss on the lips and continued washing the clamps.

Maybe her Conrad was coming back after all this time.

⋅.˳˳.⋅ॱ˙˙ॱ⋅.˳˳.⋅ॱ˙˙ॱᐧ.˳˳.⋅

She was looking for Conrad when she noticed him coming out of the guest room with Belly, her heart twisted a bit in her chest.

"Your dad is here, Belly" she announced her presence, both of them turning to look at her. Belly nodded and went downstairs while Love stared at Conrad with a frown on her face.

"You alright?" Conrad asked, covering her hand with his. They walked downstairs and all the kids were looking through the door's window.

"She's hot" Jeremiah said.

"Dude" Steven scrunched his nose.

"What? I'm just saying what everyone else is thinking" Jeremiah explained not taking his eyes off the woman. And Love nodded, the woman was definitely pretty.