ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 4

Jungkook
___________

Seokjin hyung flopped down on the couch, sighing loudly making me feel awful as it was all my fault that he was here as soon as the shoot was over without taking a break nor removing his make up. However the sole reason was me and my thoughts. I couldn't help it.

"Spill it," hyung said as if there was more on the matter but again, there was and I feel like a child throwing tantrums but it's about a life and death decision and even though it was all in papers and under the law, I still have priorities.

"His scent is too strong, hyung." As soon as the words came out of my mouth hyung looked at me as if I have grown two horns and a tail.

I'm not lying here though. The new candidate has this strong scent which my sensitive nose can't digest. Like it would be more adjustable if they had scent like fresh breath of morning coffee. Alas the Omega had strong exotic scent which was another red light for me.

"Don't you think you are being too demanding? You rejected that beta guy without meeting him saying his nose was pointed. It's not an actual marriage Jungkook, it's for you to get your hands on your inheritance, don't forget that." Hyung says as if I don't know what I'm doing. I clearly know the purpose of the marriage but that doesn't make it easy.

Hyung wants me to marry someone with a pointed nose and strong scent. I know i shouldn't be judging someone with their appearance but what can I do when everything about me and the industry I'm living through was all about apperance?

For a fact, he doesn't have to be look like a trophy wife nor husband. They can have their own identity than just being my partner. It's just that they doesn't have to follow any particular code to dress up because of the media. Can show off their charm their own way. All the candidates I met has one thing in common was how they dress up to meet me, as if they were attending some kind of interview, hiding their own charm to catch up with my apperance except him, Kim Taehyung.

He didn't dress up to impress me but to be himself. His tan skin and messy hair that always gets in his eyes, square jaw and angular features. He had this aura, owning everything with his presence. Eyes so intense that it made me admire him from the moment I saw him, confidence oozing out of his words even though both of us wanted something from the meeting.

I want someone like him, who knows his worth while being my husband even when it's for both of our needs. But I can't give in to his demands even how much he, Kim Taehyung as a person fascinated me. I wonder if he had reached out to another Alpha who's smart, good looking and genetically fit as it has been already two days.

"You should give Yugyeom rise as I'm already having headache dealing with you. He must be suffering as your secretary." That's not true, even though I can be a hardheaded person, he does enjoy my company or at least he acts like it. Whatever, I'll consider hyung's words not because I think I'm a bad boss, but just because he have been dealing with my awful mood swings and dealings.

The door to my office opened with a loud thud as Yoongi hyung strolled inside, Namjoon hyung and Hobi hyung following his footsteps. Now the battlefield was completed.

"You should have knocked," I reminded them as hyungs sat beside Seokjin hyung ignoring me completely.

I'm the CEO here!

"So when is the wedding?" Hobi hyung asked as if everything was already settled.

"When he stop sulking and think with his brain not dick." Seokjin hyung replied offending me.

I'm not sulking, okay?

As if I'm invisible they fell in to actual conversation ignoring my existence wholly. It was no longer surprising as it wasn't the first time but again, now it was about me and my contractual marriage and I'm the one suffering from their ignorance and my old man's wrath.

May be hyung was right, I should just go with the flow, it doesn't matter who I marry or the background they carry, it was all about a sign and papers. At the end of the contract both of us will go back to our previous lives without interfering in each others career and life. It was all about an act, which will benefits both of the ends.

I should be a great role model to hyungs as I'm the CEO while efficiently taking care of everything. They have been a great help even when I should be the one taking care of them as I'm their boss and putting them into such a position where they have to help me with the problems my old man thrown on me, I feel awful.

There was no time to think about how stuck I feel inside the titles I carried but to move forward, may be just like Seokjin hyung said, without sulking. It was all about an act, nothing serious nor a forever, with an actual ending.

As long as they understood the assignment, it was enough. I was ready to get married to any one, for a year, the hell of contract.

Even so, how determined I was, I never thought I'd ended up in a restaurant for our first private meeting with my lawyer and Kim Taehyung-ssi on the next morning. May be, we both were destined to help each other, circumstances to the side.

____________________________

Ducklings,
Share your thoughts.

Btw this story can be really cringey and clichè, read at your own risk 🌚

Thank you for reading 💚💜

Love,
Dumb Duck 🐣