A Mother's Love

AN

You can skip this chapter if you want to, I have written this for insight in Alasia's life before she became who she is now. It is only for the purpose of knowing her better <3

Flashback: August 30th, 1963

Location: Serpens Manor

"You'll be turning twelve in three days."

"I know."

"Aren't you excited?"

Alasia let out a small bitter laugh and glanced sidelong. "Why would I be? The only thing I am truly excited for is getting the hell out of here."

"Don't. Mother will hear you."

"Let her then. You don't live with me anyhow. You've found your sanctuary, brother. I don't think I ever will."

Altair Serpens sighed deeply. He had no idea what to do. So much anger, so much hatred. Towards their mother, their father....themselves.

Alasia was sat with her knees hugged tightly by her thin arms, folded by her chest. Her shoulders were struggling not to tremble. Especially in front of Altair. She wasn't going to show them all the reality, it was only for when she was alone. Only for when she knew there was no one to hold onto.

"You can tell me you know. What did she do to you?" He asked again, looking up at the slight tear stains which his sister had tried hard to wipe but not even realised when the eyes started watering again.

She was alright as far as he could see in the dim light of her grey room, but he knew the truth. He could see a bruise forming on her cheek.

"She did nothing. When do you leave?" Alasia bitterly questioned instead.

"Al - "

"I don't want to chat, brother. Please, leave me alone."

Altair sighed and got up. He would try and come back again. If only he could, he would. She needed him and Altair wanted to be there for Alasia. But the fact that she would be leaving in a day or two for Hogwarts anyway, was a comfort.

"Alright." He frowned, softly smiling at her as he clicked the door shut. "I love you."

Alasia did not reply. She finally broke down.

Her tears were a river she had dammed for so long, and her sobs were choking her as she moved her palms on her face to control the sound. She was weak and she knew it. Alasia knew it well enough.

She was shaking her head lightly, pressing her fist harder on her lips as a sob echoed threateningly. No, she would not give them another reason to title her as the weakling who shouldn't have been born in the first place. As if her acne and weight gain wasn't reason enough.

Was she really that ugly? Does being a little chubby make people unattractive to those lengths? She did not understand the logic. But that was how her world worked. She was acclaimed useless and shallow.

The door creaked open. Alasia shifted backwards by instinct till her back was against the wall and her hands in front of her as if someone would hurt her, again.

Nebula stood in the doorway with her own teary cheeks. She gulped. "I'm sorry my baby."

Alasia hiccupped and shook her head. "It's o-okay."

"I'm so sorry." Nebula dropped to her knees and held her head in her shaking hands. "I shouldn't have hit you. I'm sorry, I was angry at something else and I took it out on you...oh my poor little girl."