19. Long Shuyou

Start bij het begin

The prelude of the adapted version of Angry Waves was very exciting. Xie Yang was responsible for all the A-part singing. He raised the microphone, timely joined into the accompaniment and performed as perfectly and stably as before.

The audience and guest commentators were quickly brought into the mood and emotions created by the song. Their expressions started to change with the song.

Xie Yang finished singing a verse and looked at Ji Zehui.

Ji Zehui's brain was very chaotic as he raised the microphone out of instinct to sing. He was thinking hard and digesting Xie Yang's words.

Long Shuyou was especially invited by Xie Yang? Xie Yang knew Long Shuyou? Wasn't Xie Yang someone with no background in the circle?

His eyes subconsciously glanced at Long Shuyou under the stage and he noticed that Long Shuyou was frowning. Then his mind suddenly awakened.

Wrong! Xie Yang was a pure newcomer. How was it possible for him to move Long Shuyou? Xie Yang should've deliberately lied to stimulate him and influence his performance, so that he would show a bad appearance in front of Long Shuyou, all the audience members and the guests.

He couldn't let Xie Yang succeed! The chorus just happened to come and Ji Zehui sang calmly. The first chorus was sung safely and Ji Zehui was relieved. The accompaniment continued. Xie Yang raised the microphone at the right time to sing the second segment, his performance still perfect.

Ji Zehui wasn't panicked anymore. He listened to Xie Yang's singing and inwardly sneered. A young person who didn't know the heights and depths of the sky should be taught a lesson.

Once the second chorus arrived, Ji Zehui's momentum suddenly became much stronger and he sang in a dazzling manner, long notes after long notes. This instantly broke the atmosphere created by the song.

Xie Yang glanced at Ji Zehui with surprise. He just stimulated Ji Zehui to disturb Ji Zehui's emotions. He wanted to see if Ji Zehui would be able to interpret the emotions that the chorus needed to express the emotional parts. Yet had Ji Zehui gone crazy?

The audience was dragged out of the atmosphere created by the song and they all showed a stunned expression. The guest commentators were also stunned by Ji Zehui's sudden dazzling skills and glanced at each other. Even the band couldn't help looking at Ji Zehui who was dragging out his treble.

Ji Zehui didn't realize it and was completely drunk on confidence.

The second chorus ended and there was a very tense interlude. The atmosphere of the song destroyed by Ji Zehui was slightly pulled back.

Finally, the last chorus came. This was the chorus of Ji Zehui and Xie Yang. Xie Yang performed normally but Ji Zehui seemed to suppress Xie Yang, amplifying his voice in a heavy manner. It was a loud and furious performance of fighting by Ji Zehui.

Long Shuyou under the stage frowned particularly fiercely.

Xie Yang tried to round out Ji Zehui's voice so that he wouldn't roar away the atmosphere of the song but Ji Zehui seemed unable to control his voice. He was high-key the entire way and almost roared out the last line.

Xie Yang, "..." He wanted to overturn Ji Zehui but he hadn't expected it to be so big.

Once the song finished, the audience's applause wasn't warm and there were no cheers. The scene was filled with embarrassment.

The host came to the stage and looked at Ji Zehui in a confused manner. He asked implicitly, "This is a very special performance. Teacher Ji, your singing today is different from the previous rehearsal. Did you temporarily get a new idea?"