Car Ride

I finish zipping up my last bit luggage with a proud sigh. Today was the day me,Armin,and Eren were driving to my moms house.

I have a feeling the car ride is going to be awkward,but at least after that I'll be able to see my family.

I suddenly get a notification from my phone,I walk over to my bed and grab it. I looked at the notification. It was Armin,he texted me that him and Eren were waiting outside.

Time for a couple hours filled of awkwardness here I come,I sigh to myself and grab my luggage then head downstairs.

The car was parked right in front of the building so I didn't have to walk far with luggage,I'm glad it was starting to get heavy.

I open the trunk and put my luggage in with their luggage,then close the trunk and walk towards the door behind the passenger seat door and open.

"Hey guys." I say while sitting inside the car. Soon as I close the door Eren begins to drive. I looked at the seats of the car,the last time I was in these seats I was making out with Eren. The memory made a shiver go down my back.

I suddenly hear Armin say hi to me. Took long enough for someone to respond it was quite for a good 5-10 seconds. But Eren didn't say anything,maybe it was because I never answered his message last night.

Time skip

It's probably two hours into the trip it's been almost completely silent the whole time,only tension and awkwardness in the car. Armin has been reading for the past hours while I've just been playing games on my phone.

I wanted to say something but I didn't know what. My phone started to go off,I look at it and see it's one my of group chats with some friends.

Those friends being Jean,Connie,and Sasha. I open the notification to see what they are talking about.

Connie:
Guys we need to have a movie night,we haven't had one in so long. We should watch the SpongeBob movie.

Sasha:
As long as there is snacks I'll come.

Jean:
Yeah I'm free,Y/n do you want to come?

Me:
I'm sorry guys I'm on a road trip with Eren and Armin to my moms house.

Connie:
WHAT????????? HOW MUCH TENSION IS THERE SCALE 1-10?

Me:
There's that and awkwardness but it's probably a 7 or 8 out of ten.

Jean:
🤨

Me:
What Jean?

Jean:
We're going to talk later anyways,I really wished you could've come.

Connie:
The tension level💀

Sasha:
But Connie and Jean do you still want to do it?

Connie:
Definitely

Jean:
Yep

Sasha:
Okay see y'all later today then

Jean:
Bye!

Connie:
Bye🧜‍♂️

Me:
Bye.

I turn off my phone and let out a slight sigh,I feel bad for not being able to come. But I'll make sure to have one with them soon. I also wonder what Jean meant by us talking later,guess I'll find out when we talk.