rule 12 • every hour of every day of every week of every month of every year

Start from the beginning

he'd lose her.

no matter how much he hated her, or how annoying she was, she was basically the only person in his life.

and he was the only person in hers.

they were both angry children who hated each other.

but they would pause the hate for a moment to sit next to each other on the couch.

even if they were both pressing against the very edge, determined to not be anywhere near each other because they 'hated' each other.

but they were still sitting on the same couch.

wether or not they were fighting, they were still together.

neither of them knew why they were the way they were.

if they both claimed to hate each other so much, why did they never stop?

cherry could easily quit her job as a babysitter.

she could leave adam alone at school.

she could switch seats. she could even switch classes.

adam could delete his hate page. he could get some weird sort of restraining order against her.

there were so many things they could do to distance themselves away from each other if they truly hated the other as much as they claimed.

but they didn't.

"i stepped on it." adam lied. "it was an accident. i'm sorry."

ellie rubbed her temples, and took a deep breath. "it's okay, adam."

"i have to go to work. cherry will-"

a knock on the door interrupted the mother.

"thats her." ellie stood up, heading over to the door.

cherry smiled. "good morning! sorry i'm late. i. brought coffee!"

she held up the tray of coffee.

she had been babysitting for ellie for a while, so she had basically everything about the mother and son memorized.

which kind of annoyed her.

she knew nothing about her friends, but it was like she knew everything about adam.

it seemed like she was obsessed with him.

her friends teased her about it. it wasn't her fault she just had really good memory!

besides, she spent basically every hour of every day of every week of every month of every year with him.

how would she not know basic information about him?

at least, that was what she told herself.

knowing his entire astrology chart was not basic information.

"it's fine. you're just in time! i'm off to work." ellie smiled at the girl.